Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Aviak

Can't get it to run on a PC that well so posting this if anyone have any ideas, i have two accounts since a long time ago when playing on al'kabor server on a OSX installation on a PC so they are both eqmac flagged.

I have downloaded and installed titanium client and applied Secrets patch. I am able to login with both my accounts and can select server, thing starts to load and finishes but just when character select screen is about i get "You have been disconnected" message [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any clues would be appreciated,
Last edited by kissemisse; 02-15-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissemisse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't get it to run on a PC that well so posting this if anyone have any ideas, i have two accounts since a long time ago when playing on al'kabor server on a OSX installation on a PC so they are both eqmac flagged.

I have downloaded and installed titanium client and applied Secrets patch. I am able to login with both my accounts and can select server, thing starts to load and finishes but just when character select screen is about i get "You have been disconnected" message [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any clues would be appreciated,
I have the exact same problem. Finishes loading and then immediately disconnected.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Large Rat

Found a workaround. Client seems kind of wonky but maybe that's because I need to change some settings, but downloading the browser client and then copying the files within the Resources folder it produces into my EQMac folder, THEN patching it with Secrets' patch has fixed this.
Last edited by Vorin; 02-15-2012 at 03:47 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found a workaround. Client seems kind of wonky but maybe that's because I need to change some settings, but downloading the browser client and then copying the files within the Resources folder it produces into my EQMac folder, THEN patching it with Secrets' patch has fixed this.
Thanks, got it to work :-)
Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is very good news for EQmac. We were very worried it and the time capsule it represent was going away.

Just a warning though, dont try to go there and pull a Lron or think you are going to be some great Mega Troll, its a very old style community, you will be banned from their forums and shunned in game. If you take it any farther, several of the players have the EQmac developer on speed dial and he WILL take care of you.
Hobart stepping up to the plate big time on his "free project". A Everquest lover this man is, even going as far as he can to keep it playable on Mac software emulation on PCs.

That's what I like to see!

If the above comment feels like a coat hangar heated up for like 5 minutes on a stove coil going up your ass real slow like *tttttsssssssssssss*, sorry.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is very good news for EQmac. We were very worried it and the time capsule it represent was going away.

Just a warning though, dont try to go there and pull a Lron or think you are going to be some great Mega Troll, its a very old style community, you will be banned from their forums and shunned in game. If you take it any farther, several of the players have the EQmac developer on speed dial and he WILL take care of you.
1. Who the hell are you?
2. This type of comment does nothing but deter people from EQmac.
3. We welcome ALL types of personalities and play styles as long as they dont break the EULA.

The server is basically 1/2 awesome fun people with a sense of humor and the other 1/2 are very reclusive and dislike any type of humor that transcends "Ogres smell tehehehe!".

The reason why i am going to play P1999 as well as Eqmac is because the communities are entirely different and i can see value in both. More choices helps everyone.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have an old station account you won't even need to download it from the launchpad. You should be able to log in and it should work, provided you have all access subscriptions (though I heard they made it free within 2 weeks ago)

However, all access will NOT grant you access to eqmac if you aren't already flagged. Wait for the dust to settle and I am sure they will fix it.
Any chance you could fix the eqmain.dll in your EQMac Windows Injection to work with an AMD Athlon Processor?

It seems to be the same problem we had here:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...t=45371&page=2

Was something pretty simple I think -- Changing a 0 to a 1 or something, can't remember.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trox20 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes it is, and Plane of Time had only just recently been broken into. P1999 is great if you only want to experience Classic up through Kunark (hopefully Velious eventually), and EQMac is great if you want to experience classic up through PoP.
Why was PoT only recently broken into? I would imagine that with a fairly consistent population on EQMac, PoT would have been finished the same timeframe as other servers, and that everyone and their alts would be fully equipped in Quarm gear by now.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why was PoT only recently broken into? I would imagine that with a fairly consistent population on EQMac, PoT would have been finished the same timeframe as other servers, and that everyone and their alts would be fully equipped in Quarm gear by now.
Because the stuff leading up to it was never fixed/nerfed like it was in live
Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

(5:39:11 PM) Doublestep: *TSR Alex S.:*the game still requires accounts to be flagged and subscribed to. Unfortunately we are not flagging at this time because our CEO had just told us this morning that they decided to keep the game. I would recommend contacting us in a few days because perhaps we will be able to flag accounts then. Sorry for the inconvenience
(5:39:58 PM) patriot: ......
(5:40:48 PM) Doublestep: so smedly is like
(5:40:52 PM) Doublestep: YO DOGS WERE KEEPIN THE SERVER
(5:41:01 PM) Doublestep: RED ALERT
(5:41:05 PM) Doublestep: DONT TURN ON ACCOUNT FLAGGING THOUGH
Last edited by Diggles; 02-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: said a naughty word