Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Kobold

Default 45 Necro Hunting Spots

Hey everyone.

So I know questions like this pop up frequently. My necro is 45 and I've sort of hit a wall with playing him. I know all the standard camps for the level - spectres, hill giants, oggok guards. I'm simply bored to death killing them or they're overcamped.

What are some interesting camps a necro could pull off at 45? I'm well geared (can clear all the Oggok guards before needing to med). Are there, say specific spots in LGuk I could lock down with charming or some other interesting difficult, but worthwhile dungeon crawls? Perhaps something off the rails and different?

I did most of my 30s in Kaesora and love the zone. The xp was amazing and it's fun so I'm looking for something similar perhaps. I'm not super familiar with LGuk, so if that's the option does anyone have pointers?
Last edited by LethClaypool; 11-05-2016 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: small errors
Old 11-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Droga is a great place high 30's all the way to 49, especially with a friend duo. At 50 check out the hole.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:50 AM
Kobold

I didn't even think to check Droga. I solo'd spiders in Nurga for a bit. I'll have to look into it. I considered doing the Hole but I had a few people tell me to wait - I guess those dots at 49 make a hell of a difference.

Thanks though. I'll look into it.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Goblins in the lake in LOIO until 51.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 11-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

You could probably clear the bedroom in Lower Guk if you're careful, but it'd be hard to break at 45, at least with some trial and error. The trick is (if its possible), having an undead mob charmed from further back, and trying to get just the 1st mob out of the water as a single.

49ish or more is a better level to move through there into other camps.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Goblins in the lake in LOIO until 51.
I've considered that - it is rather overcamped at times though.

----

As far as LGuk goes I'll look into it. Like I said before I'm not super familiar with the zone but I think it could be fun to try it. I like the premise of difficulty.

What about Velious? Is Tower of Frozen Shadow viable or perhaps some other dungeon?
Old 11-07-2016, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure how viable ToFS is for XPing, seemed fairly average at lower levels (35ish) in a group of 3...keys are a pain but part of any fun dungeon I suppose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You could do Paineel guards up near Guard Captain Latorl up to 48ish if you want somewhere quiet. Skellie form should allow you to sell at the vendors etc, and if you need a key, again just get skellie form on and say "keyz" to the 2 newbie area guards who'll hand you one. If they don't, charm one and try again (then zone out after you get it on your cursor).
Old 11-09-2016, 02:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how viable ToFS is for XPing, seemed fairly average at lower levels (35ish) in a group of 3...keys are a pain but part of any fun dungeon I suppose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You could do Paineel guards up near Guard Captain Latorl up to 48ish if you want somewhere quiet. Skellie form should allow you to sell at the vendors etc, and if you need a key, again just get skellie form on and say "keyz" to the 2 newbie area guards who'll hand you one. If they don't, charm one and try again (then zone out after you get it on your cursor).
True. I'm probably just gonna end up doing Droga like mentioned before on my next night off. Can't hurt to try.

Sure Paineel is probably super camped.

I could also crawl through ToFS some too. Might be do that first, at least I can summon my own corpse if I encounter shit.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Xalgoz in Kaesora might be an option?
Old 11-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Droga is a great place high 30's all the way to 49, especially with a friend duo. At 50 check out the hole.

Id be interested in taking my own (51) necro to the hole. Always been interested in the zone but don't have much experience with it. Are there any camps or areas specifically that a necro would be well suited for? (charming, kiting, root rot, etc)
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread