Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

I stand corrected. Still not a good reason to be excluded. Where is the race to max level?
Old 11-07-2019, 06:29 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really like Trolls. And SK's. But I don't want to have to solo because no one will group.

For those out there actually playing (Teal, mostly, but I'll take input from Greens), do you find it:

* Impossible to get a group (for those playing Hybrids)
* Actively restrict hybrids from grouping with you (for those not)

Or is this largely overblown? I don't mind that I won't level as fast as the hobbit warrior, but I don't want to have to solo all the time to do it.
Thus far, I can't say that I've seen any hybrid tank prejudice first hand. SK has utility, amazing threat generation, feign, plate. I personally wouldn't care & wouldn't hesitate to bring one into my group. Come on over, friend!

Additionally, I've seen numerous times where groups advertise "LF Tank" for long periods without success. Feels like a shortage on them right now. Which means it's a perfect time to level one up right now!
Old 11-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Kobold

As long as you are willing to tank, then this is a largely overblown issue save for a few jerks.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AKSHUALLY

the exp penalty is shared with the group
How does this work?

Everyone isn't hit with the full 40 percent penalty, are they? Is the penalty sort of divided up amongst players?
Old 11-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Exp pen is real. There is a prejudice against it. Anyone saying otherwise is ling or naive.

But so few tanks it should balance it out... but its there.

Pal, sk, ranger... all do not high unless have too. With ranger never really have to.

This is why war is so popular by comparison even tho they are the sucky group tank.

One other think that helps the tank get group is the mage pet nerf. Pets are viable tanks in exp groups especially in classes when tanks are fuck all paper thin.

Best casual pug exp group setup currently is two or three pets with the highest pet taunt on and no melee.

A healer or two.

something else that does dmg like a chanter. No melee cus then pets cant tank.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Claiming you leveled with -60% exp modifier is something you can brag about forever to gain peoples awe.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does this work?

Everyone isn't hit with the full 40 percent penalty, are they? Is the penalty sort of divided up amongst players?
Take a look here, great explanation on the wiki:

How experience works
Old 11-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I completely ignore the XP penalty when inviting people to my groups. A tank is a tank, healer a healer, etc.

I am here to have fun, kill some stuff and hang out with nice people.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does this work?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=57
Old 11-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Is the penalty sort of divided up amongst players?
That's the TLDR.

Basically each mob gives a set amount of exp. That exp is divided amongst group mates proportionally based on their exp totals, rather than dividing by the number of players or even by the number of players while including penalties bonuses.

A level 32 grouping with level 28s will make the level 28's exp gains feel really slow, even if nobody has an exp penalty. Level 40 halfling cleric grouping with level 40 troll SK, the halfling will feel like his exp is really slow even though his partner is the same level. Etc. This is because the 32/the troll have a much higher exp total, and so are taking a proportionally larger chunk of the exp per mob, so exp feels slow for everyone else unless the person with the bigger exp total murders mobs so efficiently that it makes up for the exp penalty.

And then you get groups with a troll SK tank and a troll sham and a bard and a ranger... and those groups are what convert people to disliking exp penalties and sometimes shunning hybrids in favor of mages, necros, rogues, enchanters, etc, who generally bring more to the table while also having a lower exp penalty.
Closed Thread