Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Default Necro, how do you not choose Iksar?

Seriously. I'm not the minmaxer guy but when you have Lich spells... How do you not go Iksar?
Old 07-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Do any necro races have exp penalties?
Old 07-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Some people rolled Necromancer before Kunark was released and never rolled another. Some people rolled a Necro before Kunark and rerolled and releveled an Iksar.

The Iksar regen is great but people still roll non-Iksar necros and still make it to 60 just fine. Because everybody is min/max crazy around here everyone goes Iksar. Some people still roll what they want to roll despite the superiority of the Iksar regen.

I have played many hours of high level dungeons with both Iksar and non-Iksar necros (who are also excellent players) and if youre not calculating potential XP per hour soloing any Necromancer can do their job just fine even without regen.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

EXP penalty is good enough reason to pick any of the other races that can be necros. Greater solo exp gained with the Iksar is a relatively even balance with the exp penalty.

Iksar faction is also a total pain in the ass and wastes alot of time factioning so that you can bank and vendor places that could be used for other things.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EXP penalty is good enough reason to pick any of the other races that can be necros. Greater solo exp gained with the Iksar is a relatively even balance with the exp penalty.
Until you get to level 60, and then nothing balances the iksar's regen advantage.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until you get to level 60, and then nothing balances the iksar's regen advantage.
^^
Old 07-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Kobold

I leveled on live pre-kunark and loved my DE necro so I re-rolled one here for nostalgia. I never had any issues with liching or efficiency. When you look at half these min-max things its all naked or under geared toons and then a DE has to do an extra lifetap so it becomes soooooo inefficient /end sarcasm.

I all end game gear on my DE and had no issues twitching everyone.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Good, in that case gnome is best race [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Kobold

If you want to level the fastest. >>> (Gnome is the overall fastest)
If you want the strongest level 60 race >>> (Iksar is the overall strongest)

The rest is all debatable.. as all have there good/bad sides.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

I sort of like Iksars for more than their Regen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I like the fact that they are hated Everywhere other than their home city. So you know where you stand. You ARE KoS. So guess what you will not loose much sleep if your faction gets worse because it already is. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So just kill any mob, any guard, quest giver, vender, who gives a crap. With any other race you might be fine to 90% of the NPC's and wham, one jumps up and kills you in a city. Well piss on that. Roll a Iksar, problem solved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's why they have FD. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread