Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Orc

Default Best Caster Class for a returning player?

So, I used to play a Mage on live and I'm excited to be back.

I'm looking to rock a Gnome or Erudite pure caster again for my return to the game. Any suggestions on which caster class would be ideal for a guy who is starting from scratch?

Also any pointers for making some plat for spells early on is greatly appreciated. I remember you could always sell bone chips for like 5pp a stack back in the day. Is that still a thing?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Whichever class you choose, just be wary of rolling gnome.

Gnome has a high association with RMT, two boxing, cheating, hacking, drug misuse and so on.

Knowing is half the battle. Enjoy your Erudite.

Oh, and all the casters are good for starting from scratch, but the other 3 are leagues ahead of wizards in most aspects.

Just save up the rusty weapons worth more than 1 gold and sell cloth armour if you have to.

At level 5 turn in your bone chip collection is Kaladim. Skip the unimportant spells when you have a limited budget. Don't waste money on equipment.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome has a high association with RMT, two boxing, cheating, hacking, drug misuse and so on.
Is this for real, or do you not like gnomes? Also what is RMT?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whichever class you choose, just be wary of rolling gnome.

Knowing is half the battle. Enjoy your Erudite.

Oh, and all the casters are good for starting from scratch, but the other 3 are leagues ahead of wizards in most aspects.

Just save up the rusty weapons worth more than 1 gold and sell cloth armour if you have to.

At level 5 turn in your bone chip collection is Kaladim. Skip the unimportant spells when you have a limited budget. Don't waste money on equipment.
Also thank you for the pointers. No wiz. Got it.

Where do I turn in bone chips in Kal? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomish Elite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also thank you for the pointers. No wiz. Got it.

Where do I turn in bone chips in Kal? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the Paladin guild in Northa Kaladim

Enjoy your gnome. Also, if you go Gnome Necro or (Bertox follower) you probably won't have the faction to do the bone chip turn in for Kaladim.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomish Elite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this for real, or do you not like gnomes? Also what is RMT?
I just don't like gnomes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RMT is exchanging money/services outside a p99 server for money/services inside a p99 server. It is not allowed. Basically people aren't allowed to make a profit off this emulator server (for legal reasons?).

There is a really good wiki for the p99 servers.

search "bone chips quest" click the link and select kaladim takes you to http://wiki.project1999.com/Bone_Chips_Kaladim

The one in kaladim is the best one for xp. You might not be able to do it if you are a necromancer as the hand in is done at the paladin/cleric area.
Last edited by Jimjam; 05-26-2016 at 11:01 AM..
Old 05-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapiron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the Paladin guild in Northa Kaladim

Enjoy your gnome. Also, if you go Gnome Necro or (Bertox follower) you probably won't have the faction to do the bone chip turn in for Kaladim.
Awesome! Thank you. I'll probably avoid the bad faction headache and go good Mage unless anybody can persuade me otherwise. Thanks for the tips.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Orc

Quote:
I just don't like gnomes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RMT is exchanging money/services outside a p99 server for money/services inside a p99 server. Basically people aren't allowed to make a profit off this emulator server (for legal reasons?).

There is a really good wiki for the p99 servers.

search "bone chips quest" click the link and select kaladim takes you to http://wiki.project1999.com/Bone_Chips_Kaladim

The one in kaladim is the best one for xp. You might not be able to do it if you are a necromancer as the hand in is done at the paladin/cleric area.
haha nice! The shorties are troublemakers I know. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for the guidance. I'll make good use of the wiki and be sure to bone chip it up with the Dwarves!

All the best!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Imo go dark elf mage, gives you early access to ec tunnels while being able to farm bone chips, and you can get clarity 2/buffs at tunnel ent always to help 5-20.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webeporting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo go dark elf mage, gives you early access to ec tunnels while being able to farm bone chips, and you can get clarity 2/buffs at tunnel ent always to help 5-20.
Will DE give me a lot of faction troubles if I go agnostic?
Closed Thread