Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 01:28 AM
Aviak

Default Xalgoz Solo

What level can a necro begin soloing Xalgoz? I'm 44 right now, when would be a good idea to head over there? 51?
Old 10-28-2016, 05:09 AM
Planar Protector

I killed him on a necro that was, I think, 51 or 52 at the time. It wasn't hard, undead lull makes for easy pulls as pretty much everything is undead down there.

I'm not sure of the level you can reasonably attempt it at, but wanna say 46-47 ? Would probably not be trivial as you'd probably get some resists on ST, lull and charm if you're taking that approach.

Xalgoz himself is not hard, just remember to interrupt his casts with ST.

If it's your first necro and gear isn't great and you don't have a lot of experience necroing ... Maybe wait until you're 50+
Old 10-28-2016, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Xalgoz is 40 but all the other stuff down there is at least a few levels lower. At 44 he would be tricky enough but nothing else should be. At 49+ you could easily just root a d fire dots and send a summoned pet. Before then you'd probably want to clear enough to kinda fear kite, or use charms.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Keep in mind that you can charm Xalgoz. Lull surrounding mobs, charm Xalgoz. Pull a couple guardians and let them beat down Xalgoz for you, keeping the guardians rooted in case charm breaks. Break and finish him off once he is low.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:14 PM
Kobold

https://youtu.be/w3wHN-OFr60

15:00 minutes into video.
Level 49+ (For better charm)

Your welcome.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Kobold

That's definitely a nice video and that would work, but I'd still prefer to charm Xalgoz and let his buddies beat him down for me. That PH alone ripped through that pet pretty fast, and Xalgoz would do it even faster.

If you are high enough where you can keep Xalgoz charmed (honestly not sure how high you'd have to be to do this), then it should be a safer and faster to charm him instead.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xalgoz is 40 but all the other stuff down there is at least a few levels lower. At 44 he would be tricky enough but nothing else should be. At 49+ you could easily just root a d fire dots and send a summoned pet. Before then you'd probably want to clear enough to kinda fear kite, or use charms.

44 sounds like really really challenging. Don't forget there's a ton of spawns near Xalgoz and they will resist ST / charm / lull every so often, which usually means a nice little beatdown for the necro - remember necros don't get AE stuns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It will often boil down to getting lucky on channelling FD through and it not being broken by some caster.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
44 sounds like really really challenging. Don't forget there's a ton of spawns near Xalgoz and they will resist ST / charm / lull every so often, which usually means a nice little beatdown for the necro - remember necros don't get AE stuns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It will often boil down to getting lucky on channelling FD through and it not being broken by some caster.
I've been down there on a necro actually. Can't remember what level I was exactly but yeah, ive always felt that his church was a pain in the ass area. As a chanter too.

Tecmos learned the hard way that dots ignore runes when xalgoz and I killed each other for my first HS key ever. Lol.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

A video of that would have been instant legend status.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Remember first attempting him at 49 (with all my spells), was a piece of cake.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Closed Thread