Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-22-2020, 05:58 PM
Skeleton

Default Classic UI not working on Green?

I just updated an old installation with the v53 patch files and loaded up my Blue toons, and everything was great. I started one on Green and my UI is now an abomination. I double checked the getting started post to make sure I wasn't crazy and I'm not (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651)

Is the newer UI blocked on Green?
Old 06-23-2020, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, the UI on Green is forced to what you see.

-Mcoy
Old 06-23-2020, 05:15 PM
Skeleton

Oh man... Do you know if/when the UI that works on Blue will work on Green? I miss it...
Old 06-23-2020, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediOfTheShire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man... Do you know if/when the UI that works on Blue will work on Green? I miss it...
Probably never. They wanted a special custom older school UI made especially for green.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:38 PM
Skeleton

Huh, seems pretty modern to me, with the faded panels. I have trouble seeing the text in a lot of zones because you can't make it opaque... oh well! I guess I'll just keep looking up at the sky for the necessary contrast or lighten the color of the text!

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2020, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediOfTheShire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh, seems pretty modern to me, with the faded panels. I have trouble seeing the text in a lot of zones because you can't make it opaque... oh well! I guess I'll just keep looking up at the sky for the necessary contrast or lighten the color of the text!

Thanks!
What are you talking about? You can customize the windows to be any state of solid.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:05 PM
Orc

You can also make them opaque as well. https://imgur.com/DWC4PWd
Last edited by System Shock; 07-01-2020 at 04:07 PM..
Old 07-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Thanks!
Make sure you enable the texture as well as setting the background color and alpha level for normal and faded. You can definitely get it to be a solid background so you can read text normally. I have mine set to 100% black when I mouse over and 50% otherwise. That way I just have to move the mouse over the window if there's some text I can't read.

-Mcoy
Old 07-01-2020, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Seen screenshots of people with portions of the Dux/Vert UI on green. Apparently there is a way to circumvent the hard-lock on the UI and GMs are aware but are not enforcing.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Skeleton

Hmmm. Well it's growing on me a bit. I need to try to get the window to be opaque, and then I think I will be good. Thanks for the tips on how to do that! The next thing I need is to figure out how to get all my hotbuttons. I've only had 6 per page on all characters, but https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=18 shows 10 in the screenshot and that would be so nice on some characters!