Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 08-25-2021, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I see the bad tells on blue and green too.

The global OOC was a dumb ass non classic add on that the staff never should have included. It was the dumbest god forsaken decision ever made besides going with a full custom ruleset on a classic oriented EMU it just exploded my entire brain.

Sorry if these comments make any still with us staff member who made this very wrong decision. I still support you but you made a bad choice.

New red is going to be great.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It died because the players were assholes who couldn't get along and the staff was forced to step back after trying for many years. Think it's a coincidence that everquest live servers never release a pvp server?
It doesn't matter if people are assholes if the rules of the game are fair and effective. Everything on a PvP server, aside from outright hacking exploits, can and should be resolved with PvP. A PvP server should take far less management than a PvE server, because "kill stealing" and training should simply be features rather than problems.

Adding to the list of things I wrote, balance issues like actually being able to snare people would greatly aid in being able to resolve said problems. One of the big problems with EQ PvP, once people get resist gear, is that they get to just run around freely. Not being able to plug would help towards fixing the issue, but even then the issue of Bard speed and such remains. There needs to be short duration snares that work in PvP, so individuals can be swiftly dispatched by a group of people. Something like not being able to get back into a zone for a period of time after being PvP killed twice in it would also be helpful and make the PvP more meaningful.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't matter if people are assholes if the rules of the game are fair and effective. Everything on a PvP server, aside from outright hacking exploits, can and should be resolved with PvP. A PvP server should take far less management than a PvE server, because "kill stealing" and training should simply be features rather than problems.

Adding to the list of things I wrote, balance issues like actually being able to snare people would greatly aid in being able to resolve said problems. One of the big problems with EQ PvP, once people get resist gear, is that they get to just run around freely. Not being able to plug would help towards fixing the issue, but even then the issue of Bard speed and such remains. There needs to be short duration snares that work in PvP, so individuals can be swiftly dispatched by a group of people. Something like not being able to get back into a zone for a period of time after being PvP killed twice in it would also be helpful and make the PvP more meaningful.
Nirgon threw such a fit when the resists were not classic and you could actually snare people. There won't be any pleasing everyone, but at this point I think we'd all play regardless of ruleset specifics. Item loot, custom resist code, teams, SZ-style "no rules"; doesn't matter. We'd all play it lol :P
Old 08-25-2021, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So the problem was balance issues? So why do you want another red server when they haven't patched the first one since velious, 6 years ago? Be honest.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the problem was balance issues? So why do you want another red server when they haven't patched the first one since velious, 6 years ago? Be honest.
What is this supposed to mean? I'd like to see the game/server be improved and there's ways they can definitely do it, without needing to put too much effort in. Clearly they think Red server is not worth the hassle, but it's very possible to attract more players and for the Red server to actually require less GM work for that amount of players than a PvE server. So, hopefully they eventually listen to the wonderful advice I've provided.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:23 AM
Kobold

New PvP server plz
Old 08-26-2021, 11:08 AM
Banned

the drug users playing on red currently is what's keeping it "alive"

nice one, guys!
Old 08-26-2021, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Disappointed today.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ill answer this one even though i said i wouldnt reply to disease anymore. The problem you are not seeing here by trying to pin everything on the players (and there is alot to pin on the players) is that we are kept in the dark. Who here wants to invest time on red when things are so incertain? Id roll on red if theyd just come out and say "Red 2.0 will never happen, stop waiting for it" or just give us a fucking clue about where things are going. But they arent.

Contrary to your belief that everything is the players fault, this is par for the course, since day 1. People are kept in the dark, communication is dismal. It wasnt like they had great communication, then toxicity wore them out till they stopped doing it. It was always like that.

They do radical changes that fuck up the server without brainstorming anything and then dont touch it for months and months, even if its instantly obvious it was a bad idea. Gustoo mentioned OOC, im going to mention yellow text:

Although we explained in and out why yellow text was a bad idea (In a game where numbers will lead to better gear and pvp edge by default, you should try to minimize as much as possible that advantage) they still kept it for years. Im not sure if its still there but for those who havent thought it through, its because you dont broadcast the location of some poor ungeared newb getting shit on by a griefer to the whole fucking server, so other griefers get attracted to that like flies on shit. You can make a list long like your arm of things like that which trimmed the pop till it was what it is now.

I get that they might be sour that people like me are dunking on them like that, but theres no pleasant way to illustrate why things went wrong.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ill answer this one even though i said i wouldnt reply to disease anymore. The problem you are not seeing here by trying to pin everything on the players (and there is alot to pin on the players) is that we are kept in the dark. Who here wants to invest time on red when things are so incertain? Id roll on red if theyd just come out and say "Red 2.0 will never happen, stop waiting for it" or just give us a fucking clue about where things are going. But they arent.

Contrary to your belief that everything is the players fault, this is par for the course, since day 1. People are kept in the dark, communication is dismal. It wasnt like they had great communication, then toxicity wore them out till they stopped doing it. It was always like that.

They do radical changes that fuck up the server without brainstorming anything and then dont touch it for months and months, even if its instantly obvious it was a bad idea. Gustoo mentioned OOC, im going to mention yellow text:

Although we explained in and out why yellow text was a bad idea (In a game where numbers will lead to better gear and pvp edge by default, you should try to minimize as much as possible that advantage) they still kept it for years. Im not sure if its still there but for those who havent thought it through, its because you dont broadcast the location of some poor ungeared newb getting shit on by a griefer to the whole fucking server, so other griefers get attracted to that like flies on shit. You can make a list long like your arm of things like that which trimmed the pop till it was what it is now.

I get that they might be sour that people like me are dunking on them like that, but theres no pleasant way to illustrate why things went wrong.
So now it isn't balance issues, it is communication? And by them making a new server, that helps communication how?

What don't you get? You guys trolled the creator of the server. He said screw your new server.

So once again, why are you still here?