Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-31-2022, 01:55 PM
Large Bat

Default Faction Issues...any recent changes ?

I have a Troll SK, factioned to get into Freeport to sell and bank. During the recent holiday bonuses for increased faction, I worked on faction in WC by killing orcs (deathfist) and was able to get my faction up to amiable to Freeport Militia. Other factions included killing Orcs in Highpass, turning in orc scalps in Highpass, and killing in HighKeep basement. None of these have any negative faction hits related to Freeport....that I can tell.

Yesterday, as I still dont have faction for using the Banker in HighKeep, I ran to Freeport to sell and bank. I went to my 'goto' vendor in WFreeport - Krystin Charcoal - and she would not sell to me anymore - I get the blah blah blah I dont like Trolls - comment.

So I went to bank in NFreeport, before approaching the banker, I conned them and was now KOS to them.

In researching factions for these two NPC's, both have Coalition of TradeFolk, Coalition of Tradefolk Underground, Knights of Truth, and Merchants of Qeynos. None of the factioning I have been doing during the last week indicates any negative hits to any of these factions.

Last point to mention is that I was also killing Wallin Slyfoot in WC while killing orcs as well. There has never been any faction hits mentioned while killing him, and I have killed him on other characters with no negative impacts.

So......any thoughts how I could have gone from able to sell and bank with NPCs with the above-mentioned-faction, to now being not able to sell and KOS with the banker ?

Any chance that somehow Wallin Slyfoot has had some faction implemented that does not mention a negative impact ?

Thanks for any input.
Old 12-31-2022, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Hey there

In this thread
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=412540
R talks about an issue where some peoples factions were negatively effected by the event in odd ways. They said to let them know of any issues and they may be able to fix that faction issue for you.
Old 12-31-2022, 02:49 PM
Large Bat

Thanks Cen !

I will petition as R has suggested.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:54 PM
Kobold

There's something in the story you're not telling us. Killing orcs in the commonlands or highpass does nothing for your Freeport Militia faction. However, turning in the belts you get from them to the Freeport Militia captain (Hazran?) does. And this quest has the side effect of lowering your Knight of Truth faction.

I'm not going to say that the admitted bug isn't part of your concern, but I will say there is at least one consideration you haven't accounted for.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Allakhazam actually has that npcs prime faction as knights of truth, so you may actually have messed yourself up legit
Old 12-31-2022, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxofshammar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a Troll SK, factioned to get into Freeport to sell and bank. During the recent holiday bonuses for increased faction, I worked on faction in WC by killing orcs (deathfist) and was able to get my faction up to amiable to Freeport Militia. Other factions included killing Orcs in Highpass, turning in orc scalps in Highpass, and killing in HighKeep basement. None of these have any negative faction hits related to Freeport....that I can tell.

Yesterday, as I still dont have faction for using the Banker in HighKeep, I ran to Freeport to sell and bank. I went to my 'goto' vendor in WFreeport - Krystin Charcoal - and she would not sell to me anymore - I get the blah blah blah I dont like Trolls - comment.

So I went to bank in NFreeport, before approaching the banker, I conned them and was now KOS to them.

In researching factions for these two NPC's, both have Coalition of TradeFolk, Coalition of Tradefolk Underground, Knights of Truth, and Merchants of Qeynos. None of the factioning I have been doing during the last week indicates any negative hits to any of these factions.

Last point to mention is that I was also killing Wallin Slyfoot in WC while killing orcs as well. There has never been any faction hits mentioned while killing him, and I have killed him on other characters with no negative impacts.

So......any thoughts how I could have gone from able to sell and bank with NPCs with the above-mentioned-faction, to now being not able to sell and KOS with the banker ?

Any chance that somehow Wallin Slyfoot has had some faction implemented that does not mention a negative impact ?

Thanks for any input.
If you're able to invis yourself yet you can invis to north freeport bank, and click the banker closest to the entry wall by looking around and scrolling back on the mouse wheel...as long as your character is standing in range of the banker it's all good.

Hope this helps. And yep it works at other banks too.
Old 01-01-2023, 09:21 AM
Large Bat

Great tip....thanks that will help if I cant get faction fixed.

As for killing Orcs in WC, I only mentioned that because I was doing it. I haven't turned in any belts since I initially got to Apprehensive and was able vendor and bank in Freeport.

Tried not to leave anything out, but I was fine up until the bonuses came out.