Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Banned

Default I invite anyone to have a regular discussion about guns, feel free to ask anything

If you want to have a real discussion, start by watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fqAGF_OOZ0A

Try to take your emotion out of it, I was pro gun control for a long time, but Ive learned that the arguments on the other side have real solid weight to them, and now I am a hard-line you shall not infringe on any of the first 10 amendments, no matter what.

Feel free to ask me a question, but try not to hyperventilate.

My view can be changed, feel free to change it!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Banned

I’m a 2nd amendment supporter; I own two firearms. I grew up hunting. However... I’m in favor of responsible gun control. I think that the fact the NRA prevents us from even researching the matter makes me sick. The worst thing we can do is to just do nothing, and forget it until something else happens.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m a 2nd amendment supporter; I own two firearms. I grew up hunting. However... I’m in favor of responsible gun control. I think that the fact the NRA prevents us from even researching the matter makes me sick. The worst thing we can do is to just do nothing, and forget it until something else happens.
please explain to me what is responsible gun control? You cannot just say "im for responsible gun control"

In fact, as a user of this website, Id say that the vast majority of people would disagree on what you and they think is "responsible" as it is.

NOW

to say that the NRA prevents us from researching, is a common missconception thanks to propaganda (and a rather stupid idiotic sentence out of the mouth of president obama that was false). That was a myth, it is not true, and the CDC is not prevented from studying fire arm data, and they do all the time....

What would suprise you is that most of the studies prove that:

1. common sense gun control would not have stopped a single mass shooting in the last 30 years
2. most deaths are from gun deaths and perpitrated in historically democrat run cities
3. POC commit more than half of the gun murders in this country
4. a good guy with a gun has STOPPED as many crimes as are commited each year with guns

All of this and more can be found in any of the myrad of studies that have been done about gun violence.

It is fake propaganda that anyone is prevented from doing a study on guns.

what you are talking about is the “Dickey Amendment,” it specifically bars the CDC from advocating for gun control, not prevents them from doing studies, they just cant do a study and ALSO advocate gun control, they must be unbiased.

The CDC does not like this limitation and created a false narrative (along with many democrat politicians) that they are BARRED from studying gun violence, when really they just REFUSE to because in doing so, it gets the public hyped up and they (the liberal politicians that are involved in this bull shit bureaucracy nonsense) think it will help them pass legislation that will allow them to advocate gun control.

You know what you dont see? Liberals paying for 3rd party studies about gun violence (there is not and never was a law about that, thanks to the bill of fucking rights yall!!). But why? Becuse when you study it, you see that ALL SIGNS POINT TO NOT BANNING GUNS.
Last edited by mickmoranis; 03-27-2018 at 05:11 PM..
Old 03-27-2018, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It is fake propaganda that anyone is prevented from doing a study on guns.
prohibited from federal funding

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickey_Amendment

Namaste
Old 03-27-2018, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
prohibited from federal funding

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickey_Amendment

Namaste
you have not read that page. see my edited post, the prevention is ONLYL in the advocating of anti gun solutions AFTER doing the study, not prevention of studies, they do studies, every. fucking. month.

most gun owners know this, becuse they pay attention to the issue, while libs dont know this cus their president (a real class act!) made up a story and told them that they were prevented from studying gun violence. Its sick. Its manipulative sick fascist propaganda to disarm you.

To quote YOUR link: "none of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) may be used to advocate or promote gun control."

nowhere int eh text does it disalow studies into gun violence ownership or anything that has anything to do with guns.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you have not read that page. see my edited post, the prevention is ONLYL in the advocating of anti gun solutions AFTER doing the study, not prevention of studies, they do studies, every. fucking. month.

most gun owners know this, becuse they pay attention to the issue, while libs dont know this cus their president (a real class act!) made up a story and told them that they were prevented from studying gun violence. Its sick. Its manipulative sick fascist propaganda to disarm you.

To quote YOUR link: "none of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) may be used to advocate or promote gun control."

nowhere int eh text does it disalow studies into gun violence ownership or anything that has anything to do with guns.
timestamp baby[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2018, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perissh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im pro gun, but can you explain to me how common sense gun control would not have stopped this last school shooting? The kid was reported to have mental issues, the FBI and Police were aware that he had guns, and was threatening people, annnnnd 17 dead kids.
because, thanks to common sense gun control that already exists he was meant to be on a no buy list, but the bureaucracy screwed up and he slipped through the cracks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...didn-t-n848681

The law should have been able to intervene and stop him but accidents happen.

So, the gun control advocates, tell the people that there is no common sense gun control, so the people go out and demand that we create common sense laws!

However, we've been doing that, for decades... And 9/10 times the laws dont change the shootings.. so the go out and tell you we need more laws.

Now, people who fight for the protection of the bill of rights, say, hey, you're just creating a inefficient law, then another, and another, and youre not fixing any of the broken ones you're just adding new ones, and after a period of time, BAM they all pile up and we realize they just skirted around the SA and infringed on our rights to own guns.

this isnt a slippery slope, its the open strategy on the left to ban guns. Incremental change. Very rarely does a bad law, go away. In the history of gun laws, only 1 has gone away, and that was because the NRA added the provision that the assault weapons ban would be reviewed in 10 years and if it had no obvious effect on gun crime it would not be renewed (thank you NRA)

So in summation, the common sense law already works, you have a probem with how the government operates, not that there is no law that should prevent that kid from getting a gun. Because there is. It was just a blunder on our broken, inefficient, government.

Does that clear it up or make you think maybe that you might be fed misinformation at the very least? The missinformation (if you see in earlier pages of this thread) is big, so its not an attack, its easy to be missinformed about this, when literaly President Obama goes out on national TV and straight up LIES about the law, and still hasnt admitted it.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perissh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sooo it would have stopped the shooting, had people not screwed up... but you say that Common Sense Gun Laws wouldn't have stopped any of these shootings. If the threat wasn't ignored, and the law was followed properly, the shooting wouldn't have happened. Right?
What you are saying is that there are no common sense gun laws so lets make new ones!

what I am informing you of is the laws you want exist but the bureaucracy (that you think is great) screwed up.

Your beef isnt with gun laws, its with inefficient bureaucracy.

Fighting that is not non constititional, so get on it.

But fighitng for laws that exist as if they dont exist, so you can make new laws, that are unconstitutional, that likely wont even work becuse the same beurocracy that screwed up before, will manage the new laws as well.

well then do you get it?
Old 03-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like that u have guns bb. will u skip SRS

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Banned

A1 - your mentally retarded neighbor cannot obtain one, unless he breaks a lot of laws and the sellers do as well.

My question to your question is, are you asking how someone who is mentally retarded, but has not seen a doctor to prove that he has not can obtain a gun I have to ask you, are you suggesting that the solution is to force someone to see a doctor before they obtain a rifle? To that I ask, how do you regulate all doctors (remember most doctors just needed to ask you "do you have trouble sleeping" to get a medical marajuana card, so this will happen with guns as well only youll simultaniously be trampling on the bill of rights if you require it, so to what end is this goal? To create legislation that targets whoever the government wants to target, and leaves the VAST majority of people to break the easily breakable law? Because that's all you'll get with that)

So again, I have to ask, why do you think that a mentally retarded person can get a gun, do you perhaps just THINK they are mentally retarded and really you and them are just totally different people that would never agree?

afa my collection it is adequate by my own business so I will not share the details of it, though I do have the same gun Indiana Jones uses in half the first movie and I also own the gun he uses in the other half of that movie.
Closed Thread