Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green, considering the Classic changes?
Bard 41 7.18%
Cleric 53 9.28%
Druid 67 11.73%
Enchanter 64 11.21%
Magician 39 6.83%
Monk 26 4.55%
Necromancer 52 9.11%
Paladin 29 5.08%
Ranger 36 6.30%
Rogue 31 5.43%
Shadow Knight 34 5.95%
Shaman 46 8.06%
Warrior 27 4.73%
Wizard 26 4.55%
Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to play Enchanter, but I also do not want to be the same class as half the server... so i am kinda undecided.
The way I look at is half of those enchanters will be off soloing or duoing, that leaves "grouping" enchanters at about 4-5% of population.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:57 AM
Aviak

well I would be doing a whatever.... I probably will also be doing JCing
Old 10-20-2019, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

I feel like the assessment that half the people rolling enchanters won't make it to level 25 might be pretty accurate once they start trying to charm without being able to get like +80 Cha in gear for practically nothing like you can on Blue.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like the assessment that half the people rolling enchanters won't make it to level 25 might be pretty accurate once they start trying to charm without being able to get like +80 Cha in gear for practically nothing like you can on Blue.
true.... Heck on my 40ish enchanter on live I rarly used charm.... i did not trust it enough.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
true.... Heck on my 40ish enchanter on live I rarly used charm.... i did not trust it enough.
I think the general consensus is that charming is (unclassicaly) easy here compared live. No one remembers Enchanters charming pets for DPS as a regular thing on live (in the classic era), so it seems there's two possibilities:
  • Enchanters on live were all stupid and didn't know how to play their character as well as the geniuses here on P99
  • charm broke a ton more on live

Now I know we have a lot more knowledge than people did back then, but personally I tend to think #2 is a significant factor.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Do us a solid and find some proof, charm here seems way easy and I main an enchanter
Old 10-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm about to change my selection to Magician since everyone is now scared to start one.
Shhh, let's not give people ideas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

People here are smarter for sure but I dunno if people in real game were so dumb.

5 years stuck in kunark means crazy things.

We got some recent people from alkabor Mac server maybe they can speak to enchies.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People here are smarter for sure but I dunno if people in real game were so dumb.

5 years stuck in kunark means crazy things.

We got some recent people from alkabor Mac server maybe they can speak to enchies.
I tried that Al Kabor server... their client is hella glitchy...
Old 10-20-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

I mean the original now cancelled eqmac server.

I don't have any experience at level 60 in kunark era but I don't remember anyone talking about enchies being solo slaughterhouses.

Either because of dumb or because we're not classic.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread