Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Old 10-21-2019, 08:10 AM
Banned

Will the staff be accepting video recordings of players attempting to train people who are waiting in line?
Old 10-21-2019, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff_Cockroach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They still get locked out, so it works out for everyone. That individual shouldn't have AFK'd.

Anything that would allow trading to happen I think will be avoided anyway.
In the it just rots scenario, we now have the #2 person watching the item they want rot and still needing the item, which they may not be able to get before they have to leave, and we have the #1 person who will be coming back for it in a week.

In the loot right transfers scenario, we now have the #2 person with the item they want and the #1 person coming back in a week.

Less congestion at the camps in the long term, less unhappy players, less tedium.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:18 AM
Fire Giant

Awesome job staff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thievery [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About how often will the AFK checks be? Should I be always loading up a camp like this on my laptop to carry with me in the event my wife needs me to say unload the dishwasher. Or should I be safe to do something like that (5-10 mins) and come back.
I am also curious about this question.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the staff be accepting video recordings of players attempting to train people who are waiting in line?
There's not really any incentive for this. If the person is on a CR when the item drops, it will rot. The other people on the list do not get the item faster

But since training someone is against the PnP anyway I don't think there's anything new or special here.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:24 AM
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the person is on a CR when the item drops, it will rot.
Incorrect. When the item drops it does a range check. If you are not within the distance parameters during this time, you are skipped. This means the 2nd, 3rd, or whoever is next on the list AND in range, will be awarded the item. The others will not lose their place on the list. I'll update the post to reflect this.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

IMO 1 week lockout on EE is not long enough. There isn't really any reason a person should need 1 of these every week, and could lead to the same group of people inflating the list constantly. (imagine 10 people with 3 characters each).

30 days seem more reasonable.

For guise/jboots, seems like the lockout is fine. The only incentive to list again is if your item rotted.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:25 AM
Aviak

The games doesnt tell you when your out of range really , is there any way to tell you how much time you have left to be out of range ?
Old 10-21-2019, 08:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect. When the item drops it does a range check. If you are not within the distance parameters during this time, you are skipped. This means the 2nd, 3rd, or whoever is next on the list AND in range, will be awarded the item. The others will not lose their place on the list. I'll update the post to reflect this.
Is the proximity tied to the spawn point or the mob's current location? How will somebody pulling the mob away from it's spawn point, and away from other waiting players, be handled?
Old 10-21-2019, 08:26 AM
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the item that you are on a list for has dropped, and you are position 1, you will be given a notification that the item has dropped. If you are not in range at the time, the system will skip you (and continue skipping people until it finds a list player in range). Anyone skipped will still maintain their position, as long as they return to range within their OOR Timer.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-21-2019, 08:27 AM
Aviak

I am #2 in list , the guy who is #1 ported from Najena to Unrest lol , I left to port someone , it does tell me i am back in range in yellow text , but it doesnt say when I left range. and it doesnt say how much time i have left , it just says stay here to replenish time or something.