Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Old 10-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So question... Is there an issue with a character on the list logging out or disconnecting and then logging back in from a different IP address?

May be a bit much to code, but I can see a couple people taking turns on one account.
Legitimate reason 1: Your router crashes, there is a power cut or the exchange goes down for a second. You go LD and your router then has to log back in to the ISP, potentially changing your IP address.

Legitimate reason 2: You decide that public WiFi is good enough for a game written to use a 56k modem and start playing on Starbucks WiFi. At some point, your PC loses that connection and connects to the McDonalds next door just like my phone does sometimes, changing your IP address. Maybe you notice, maybe the connection is just spotty enough that you lose it and reconnect, but you end up back on the Starbucks WiFi.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So question... Is there an issue with a character on the list logging out or disconnecting and then logging back in from a different IP address?

May be a bit much to code, but I can see a couple people taking turns on one account.
Yep this will definitely happen. Which I guess is fine as long as other characters aren't being played at the same time. Hope the IP police are on their game!
Old 10-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

If anyone wants Rogean's updates on /list, but doesn't want to wade through the last ten pages, they're all in the wiki:

http://wiki.project1999.com/List_Command

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

And you will not stop them by limiting list to 1 IP address

Remote desktop / vnc / any other remote app. Currently these are not against TOS as far as I know. Even if they were, by running EQ inside a virtual machine and then remoting in to the virtual host, the p99 DLL can not see the remote app.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMaR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happen if #1 in the list is a bad person who cant solo the named and nobody wants to help the bad person?
People will still want to help themselves get higher on the list so the mob will die every single time it spawns no questions asked
Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

What happens if no one is on the list. This probably won’t matter after week 1, but I imagine all of these mobs and camps can be done by a group lower than the level required to be in the list.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

I'm sure you would just be able to loot it as per normal if you're in the kill group. But most likely someone's going to show up and list or part of the group would be at minimum level.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_jake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suggestion , make the pop up that cecks for AFK it's own type of window that can be placed. I was sitting at my /list spot and that AFk popup happens so frequently you just click ok and move on , but someone invited me to a guild and its the same popup window , so i just clicked ok ,cause i thought it was an afk check window lol. make it a window you can place separate from guild invite window maybe ? its too easy to mindlessly click "ok" when your doing it every 5 min .
Is the AFK check really just 5 minutes? thats kind of intense.. Im very curious to see how this plays out.

I also kind of think the Distance check is kind of helpful... If people are ALL over guk waiting for masks, there might not even be enough people at the camp to kill it, it might take 10 minutes for dude to get from Live side to Ass/sup etc... If everyone has to sit in that room, then the mobs will be dropped as soon as they spawn. Pick one, EXP or LOOT. Not both IMO

Zelda (35 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Last edited by whitebandit; 10-21-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Old 10-21-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

So there's this cool little corner alcove where you can stand with sneak enabled and even if a frog looks at you they won't aggro you . What happens if someone enters lowerguk, is bound in grobb, runs a train from zone in to the 150 range, lists himself moments before "accidentally" dying gets people murdered who don't have sneak in the sneak alcove, makes it back, drinks their itu potion and sneaks into the special sneak-safe alcove next to ladder and others don't make it back in 15 mins? Is he the breadwinner? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Cen; 10-21-2019 at 01:15 PM..
Old 10-21-2019, 01:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happens if someone enters lowerguk, is bound in grobb, runs a train from zone in to the 150 range, lists himself moments before "accidentally" dying gets people murdered who don't have sneak in the sneak alcove, makes it back, drinks their itu potion and sneaks into the special sneak-safe alcove next to ladder and others don't make it back in 15 mins? Is he the breadwinner? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a really specific scenario :P