Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2019, 11:49 AM
larper99 larper99 is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 58
Default Aggro Range

Another thing from my hazy memory of circa 2000: Wasn't aggro range much longer? Seems like today, on both Blue and Green, you can get fairly close to aggressive animals (bears, gnolls, etc) without triggering aggro. I seem to recall it being much more dangerous out there.
Last edited by larper99; 10-21-2019 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Deathrydar Deathrydar is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another thing from my hazy memory of circa 2000: Wasn't aggro range much longer? Seems like today, on both Blue and Green, you can get fairly close to aggressive animals (bears, gnolls, etc) without triggering aggro. I seem to recall it being much more dangerous out there.
I have never noticed a difference between the way it was in live and the way it is here.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Videri Videri is online now
Planar Protector

Videri's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,338
Default

Aggro range or aggro likelihood differs from Threateningly to Ready To Attack.
__________________
Naala / Aeleus <Castle> / Seaglass <Castle> / Tala / Havona
How to install P99 on a Mac
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-21-2019, 01:33 PM
dekova dekova is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aggro range or aggro likelihood differs from Threateningly to Ready To Attack.
Pretty sure the range isn't affected at all. Threatening will do a check to determine if they attack every few seconds once you're in range. Scowling will skip that check and simply attack.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-21-2019, 01:41 PM
larper99 larper99 is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 58
Default

I don't know. I just seem to remember some creatures coming at you from what seemed like a very long way away (not all, just some). Like, if you were KOS to an NPC, and were literally in line of sight, they would charge.

Maybe I am thinking of a different game altogether. But I really do recall there being a "aggro distance has been reduced" announcement, perhaps per server.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2019, 01:42 PM
Deathrydar Deathrydar is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know. I just seem to remember some creatures coming at you from what seemed like a very long way away (not all, just some). Like, if you were KOS to an NPC, and were literally in line of sight, they would charge.

Maybe I am thinking of a different game altogether. But I really do recall there being a "aggro distance has been reduced" announcement, perhaps per server.
As someone that is normally KOS everywhere, I don't remember this. Thank god as well cause it could have made my EQ experience crap!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2019, 02:02 PM
Videri Videri is online now
Planar Protector

Videri's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure the range isn't affected at all. Threatening will do a check to determine if they attack every few seconds once you're in range. Scowling will skip that check and simply attack.
There we go. I felt it was one or the other.
__________________
Naala / Aeleus <Castle> / Seaglass <Castle> / Tala / Havona
How to install P99 on a Mac
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.