Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

I guess it's not really free if I have to front the materials (which are actually quite expensive if you're just starting out and you have literally no means of support from high-level characters), but I suppose it's much better than having to pay 1 - 2 plat per AC. I'd take that deal.

The set has a ton of pieces (13), and if you're going for the full set, you can probably expect to pay over 30 plat for the mats. That's a substantial amount of money for an early toon and it'll take many players days to get there. Leveling will be slow and brutal with the amount of competition for mobs we can expect to see at launch, and low level mobs drop items that often sell for a few copper (or occasionally 1 - 2g if you're lucky).

"Free banded on day one" ain't gonna happen unless OP has some way of paying for the mats as well.
Last edited by Soothsayer; 09-26-2019 at 11:54 AM..
Old 09-26-2019, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Nybright Sisters /list gonna be long af.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 09-27-2019, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

We're doing a pre-beta speed run on Sunday. PM me for a spot in a group. I offered early in the thread to bet 10k plat on blue that I could raise over 100 plat in a few hours starting with a lvl1 untwinked but naysayers can't put their money where their mouth is.
Last edited by AenorVZ; 09-27-2019 at 01:06 AM..
Old 09-27-2019, 06:56 AM
Sarnak

Not going to crap on you as some others have done, but I do feel like it's quite the ambitious goal you've set for yourself. Good luck!

Also wracking my head to figure out your secret plat tactic. Outside of dervishes / Nybright / elementals / wisps, I'm not sure how to be rolling in the plat on day 1 when you're probably under level 10.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nybright Sisters /list gonna be long af.
The staff have said that /list will only apply to legacy items (manastone, guise, etc.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Wrong thread, too many tabs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff have said that /list will only apply to legacy items (manastone, guise, etc.)
I belive he just means the player mantained wait list for the camp that civilized players will maintain.

Blacksmithing is not that expensive, but still do not know where the plat is going to come from on day 1. After cracked staffs, the only way to generate tons of plat is camps like nybright, sisters, gargoyles. There is no GLS quest, And players will not be buying your drops on day 1 for any significant amount. You're not going to get those few cash camps, insane competition.

You would probably need dozens of characters feeding you rusty weapons, cloth armor, and cracked staffs to fuel a blacksmith to banded armor levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ
We're doing a pre-beta speed run on Sunday. PM me for a spot in a group
Because having a newbie yard to yourself on blue is the EXACT Same as competing with thousands of people on green day 1.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Green is going to be so kick ass day 1.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:02 PM
Kobold

Day 1 is going to be so great. Picking a class hasn't been harder.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is going to be so kick ass day 1.
Closed Thread