Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-29-2019, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Chloroblast

Only heals for 385 now.

Lucy entry, first change referencing HP healed is as follows:

2005-05-09 19:12 Changed Slot 1 from "Increase Hitpoints by 428" to "Increase Hitpoints by 994 (L55) to 1044 (L60)"

Indicated it was 428hp from the point it was added with Velious until 2005.

The 10% heal bonus to cleric heals was only intended for the heals that clerics shared with other classes. Greater Healing, Superior Healing. Other heals were class specific and didn't include clerics, because Clerics had remedy and divine light.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

At a quick glance appears likely classic. I noticed via a quick wayback machine websearch that archived forum discussion from in-era sources yield numerous complaints of it only healing for 386 and being effectively pointless. The 428 value is the spell's base amount in the spelldata file. Those values are before any modifications are applied. Some old websites simply posted cut-and-pasted spelldata values into their public databases without necessarily checking it against in-game results. Lucy in particular is notorious for that.

Danth
Old 09-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

428 * 0.9
Old 09-29-2019, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

What I'm saying is that Chloroblast is a non-cleric spell. There was no need to reduce the efficiency on it by 10%, since clerics don't cast that spell, they have Remedy and Divine Light instead. Efficiency of Greater Healing and Superior Healing was already reduced as per classic (270 for druids/paladins/rangers/shamans and 300 for clerics on GHeal, for instance)

Danth, post the link? Because I found nothing of the sort.
Last edited by MilanderTruewield; 09-29-2019 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-29-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....k/SpI8aGDQcGcJ

It's classic
Old 09-29-2019, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Danth, post the link? Because I found nothing of the sort.
https://web.archive.org/web/20041119...Id=1532&Page=6

If the link works it'll pull up an amusing castersrealm thread from 2001 leading into 2002. Among the numerous posters mentioning a ~385 heal in-game you'll also see a number of posters mistakenly quoting the spelldata values for *both* chloroblast and superior healing. There are some similar posts in the Shaman thread for the same spell on that site. I don't feel like doing more research but upon reading Daolin's post I feel like the point is moot. It's looking pretty classic. Note: The 10% non-cleric penalty was removed in mid 2002. As such the early 2002 comments are still valid for our purposes here.

This slightly nerfs the wife's Shaman as well so I'm none too thrilled myself, but it is what it is.

Danth
Old 09-29-2019, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Reading through Dolalin's posted thread, I came across this name:

Celaeno Duskwalker
Fier'dal hierophant of Erollisi Marr

Blast from the past, she was in the same guilds as me, from Radiant Eclipse, and then to Caelestis Ignis when we split from RE.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Healing related: My invigorate BP only seems to be healing for about 65. was 100 pre-patch, expected value is 90. Anyone else have one and want to check?

Danth
Old 09-30-2019, 04:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Healing related: My invigorate BP only seems to be healing for about 65. was 100 pre-patch, expected value is 90. Anyone else have one and want to check?

Danth
classic
Old 09-30-2019, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic
What's the source? I found the raw spelldata listing it as 71 to 100 dependent on level, and the lower end of that would synch with the present observed result on P99, but no discussion (at least of the sites I found) of in-game usage listing it as less than 90. All the in-era (2001) discussion I browsed in my own websearch prior to posting describes it at the higher value. No complaints if it's classic, but where's it from?

I didn't have one of these in-era (Paladins got shield of words as a click) so no personal memory here.

Danth