Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

Porting ruins the immersion of the world. Ban ports.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Fire Giant

As someone who used to play a cleric and get innumerable messages from people asking for rezes i didnt expect anything if they were close.

SOmetimes i got a bit salty if people didnt at least offer to pay. Even with an epic it was a pain to get to some of the dumb places people died then have to wait for someone to drag their corpse.

My rule of thumb is at least 5-10pp for a port atm. If for some reason I have less than 5pp (i cant imagine why i would anymore)i just tell them upfront im broke and giving them even 1pp is like 25% of my money and they can decide if my charity case shit is worth it )
Old 10-11-2019, 09:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i port for free, CR or not. i can probably count on 2 hands the number of times i've accepted donations, and usually it's when someone insists after i've cancelled the first trade they've offered, or if they tip via /split and i don't have an opportunity to pay them back or don't wanna bother with it. why?

playing EQ is a form of entertainment, and quite a time sink. running from place to place is one of the tedious parts that is ... less entertaining. i remember slowly running my war around, and slowly going broke paying for ports to avoid that. with the wiz, i can save other people both of those hassles. and within my guild, the favor is returned and i don't pay for ports on my other toons (i still offer modest tips if i have to go outside the guild).

if your enjoyment of EQ comes from accumulating plat, great, have fun with that. but don't feel automatically entitled to leech off other players to do it. it's only play money, FFS.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're all wasting our lives in this blessed game.
So, like any other hobby
Old 10-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, like any other hobby
Hi dad, what's going on, you still doing that woodworking?

Yeah, I made you an armoire, but I didn't have time to stain it because I've been repairing every car in the neighborhood. You staying for dinner? I'm going out for my run right now but when I get back it's my famous steak time! You know how I love to cook!

Ok dad, I'm just going to get on the internet for a bit while you're gone.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Until druids stop turning on "AFK" or literally just being dicks and saying No for CR I could care less they didnt get a tip for a CR that they usually only took because they had a paid person going there anyway.

DaP has some very nice people (who I friend and personally use over and over again) but a lot of scum mixed in it.

#whereisDAPHumanrescourcesdepartment?
Old 10-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People accumulate all that plat - it's crazy there's no interest on it. I'm never liquid. If I have plat in the bank it makes me nervous, like why isn't that money working for me? Why hasn't it turned into an item yet that makes my character better?

Then I need a port and I'm like ahhhh so that's going to be half my money?

I need to strike a balance here.
That's when you simply give item donations. Just keep all that garbage that's nearly impossible to sell, but vendors for nothing, so you donate it and get the full deduction!

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi dad, what's going on, you still doing that woodworking?

Yeah, I made you an armoire, but I didn't have time to stain it because I've been repairing every car in the neighborhood. You staying for dinner? I'm going out for my run right now but when I get back it's my famous steak time! You know how I love to cook!

Ok dad, I'm just going to get on the internet for a bit while you're gone.
Advantage: Video games. Wont' slip with an X-acto knife and split your fingernail in half down the middle. Did that once. Not a good time.

Danth
Old 10-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

This bad troll thread has inspired me to tip druids less than I already do.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Advantage: Video games. Wont' slip with an X-acto knife and split your fingernail in half down the middle. Did that once. Not a good time.

Danth
Yeah, that reminds me when I ran a Stanley utility knife full force across the top of my thumb and forefinger when I was trying to lift my Jeep. Man offroading was an awesome hobby I think I died like twelve times.
Closed Thread