Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Old 10-21-2019, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So does every race get hide now? Or does this just massively favor racial hide races (especially for EE camp).

What if a group is in desperate need of a healer and there's only warriors/monks/rogues on the list 10 deep...why would a healer want to level with that ass/sup group as an example knowing they're doing so for other peoples masks?
Good questions. The list is going to turn these camps into solo experiences but that is better than the alternative scenario. This list system will not be perfect but it's better than not having anything in place at all.

Good job Rogean! I know it took you guys a lot of work to implement this.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume the lockouts pertain to each item, i.e. You get your stone and can freely move to guise without the 1 week lockout?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lockouts are indicated above, which means that once you have been granted an item from a /list, you cannot rejoin the same list for that period of time on that character.
  • Kamaohoru Kitsui - 52 Monk
  • Brobeard Manstache - 44 Cleric
  • Sickburn Needsaloe - 42 Mage
  • Gukaan - 41 Shadowknight
Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

I think the expectation here is that green will be so slammed with players that people will generally be walking around guk unhindered in the first place, so hide or no hide you will likely be safe hanging around the camp.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:23 AM
Orc

Yeah, I am sure that there will be crying about solo level 35 rogues getting these items purely sitting there and waiting, but I think that is way better than the alternatives for those that run the server. Definitely good work.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Good system.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to force item rot if the entitled person fails to loot it. Maybe I don't see the reasoning behind it..
Old 10-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Orc

What happen if #1 in the list is a bad person who cant solo the named and nobody wants to help the bad person?
Old 10-21-2019, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Is it possible to have the rot timers for these bodies to be longer than the AFK timer, that way if the #1 person on the list is AFK for the kill the body and loot would remain for long enough for them to be kicked off the list and loot rights granted to the #2 person? Less loot rotting can only lead to less butthurt, less bitching, and less congestion at the camps, right?
Old 10-21-2019, 08:06 AM
Large Rat

Firstly, thank you so much for the work you put into this. This is a great solution that I personally love because it directly benefits me as someone who is a solo player ATM.

Second, I know this is thinking ahead but any chance of this for things like the harpoon in LOIO at launch of Kunark? Just planting that seed. I know it isnt a legacy item but it would really help prevent guilds locking it down.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMaR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happen if #1 in the list is a bad person who cant solo the named and nobody wants to help the bad person?
Well then, guess the list wont be moving. Your choice.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:07 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it possible to have the rot timers for these bodies to be longer than the AFK timer, that way if the #1 person on the list is AFK for the kill the body and loot would remain for long enough for them to be kicked off the list and loot rights granted to the #2 person? Less loot rotting can only lead to less butthurt, less bitching, and less congestion at the camps, right?
They still get locked out, so it works out for everyone. That individual shouldn't have AFK'd.

Anything that would allow trading to happen I think will be avoided anyway.