Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell that to a mother and father who lose their child and can't do anything to fix it.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lost my father recently, and I'm unbelievably thankful hospice was available to him and they were there.

You're off your rocker on this one, Baler. Let it go.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:27 AM
Sarnak

What a weird hill to choose to die on Baler. You should honestly take a break from the forums and the game. If you can’t handle being reminded that Hospice is actually a good fucking service for the terminally ill you got issues.

Keep up the recruitment and services Hospice. I’ve used you guys once now and am a big fan. Much better version of Dial A Port.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:52 AM
Sarnak

Baler,

If you read this I want to apologize for perhaps conflating this discussion to more drama then it needed to become. You are a far more established member of this community than myself and I don’t want to see you feel unwelcome or upset due to conflicting view points from myself.

I wish everyone well in this thread, it’s been a hell of a year.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Trumps loss has finally fully unhinged Baler
Old 12-05-2020, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

In the interest of seeing Ama's service guild succeed (and for standing up for logic and decency in the face of hysterical sophistry) I suggest that the guild's current name is a hindrance to the guild's success.

Why?

1. The name doesn't at all reflect the service.

The service the guild provides is the diametric opposite of the service a hospice provides. When a client enters hospice care they are alive. They only decline thereafter. The hospice's service concludes when the client passes.

This is the opposite of the guild's service. It begins with 'death' and concludes upon renewed 'life.'

2. The name will - despite what bored, angry sophists have to say - bum just about everyone out.

Personally I want the guild to succeed, and have since Ama and Daiq were my guildies and came up with the Wambulance idea.

Nevertheless recently I've seen a few Hospice members in game and each time I did I thought "Why on earth would anyone choose that name?"

And I moved away from them so as to not be reminded of so many extremely unpleasant memories.

This is rational behavior. This is not hysterical toxic cancel culture or any other contrived marxist nonsense.

I promise there are few other words in the English language which have the capacity to evoke for so many so many sad memories as 'hospice.'

You don't have to name the guild "Rainbows and Resses" but I think it'd be a step in the right direction.

Even Wambulance would be a nice name, but (as with the current name) would require some significant marketing for the purpose of letting people know what you do - though without the added challenge of overcoming an overwhelmingly negative connotation.

Dial a Port doesn't have to do this, the name speaks for itself.
Last edited by GnomeCaptain; 12-05-2020 at 07:34 PM..
Old 12-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we all put 9/11 in polls and knowing that it took many

American and Middle Eastern lives
That 'day' did not take any lives whatsoever. 9/11 didn't hurt anyone. It comes along every year.

Perhaps you are unaware, but 9/11 is a reference to Sept. 11, 2001.

On that day a collaboration of pious arab muslims - in accordance with the teachings of the koran & hadith and inspired by the life of mohammed - engaged in the terrorist mass-murder of thousands of non-muslim Americans.

Try not to twist history (and especially the history of this event) with politically-correct prevarication and ignorance.

To do so conceals the truth, provides cover for the murderers, and encourages more pious muslim activity (aka terrorism).

It is also an insult to their victims.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Hey word of advice: get yourself some BARDS interested in the guild as well! Help them Clerics run around and also navigate dungeons if needed!

Anyways great service! Safe travels, sir!
Old 12-05-2020, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hospice in of itself IS a good thing, it's much better than just sending somebody off on a raft and forgetting they exist so they die alone without any comfort.

The same premise could be brought to Chemotherapy, it's during a difficult time for somebody but it is in-fact a good thing.

You're being too emotional in your thinking to the point of irrationality to think a guild name on a emulated server for a 20 year old game will somehow cause harm to people who know somebody who is related to somebody who was on Hospice.
Hospice nurses are earthly angels. And they are incredibly mentally-tough. My mother's a life-lobg RN but she only lasted two years working hospice. She had a tremendous amount of guilt anytime she was on vacation knowing that on her return some of her patients might not be there anymore.

Anyone runs into a nurse please thank them for their work (especially over the last 10 months)
Old 12-05-2020, 10:10 PM
Banned

2020 has made some soft people
Old 12-05-2020, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Can someone from <Dementia> please pass guild leader role over to Baler

Fizzlelina Fizzlezalot <Castle> :: Gnome Necromancer :: Green
Welgrim Stoutslammer <Dawn Believers> :: Dwarf Cleric :: Blue
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Welgrim's Project 1999 files: https://p99.yourfirefly.com
Closed Thread