Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Default Random beginner questions

Somewhere I've read:

"Make sure whatever class you roll you put all points in CHA." Is this correct? How important this is? I wonder if I need to start again...

Also: "Stay /anon and don't announce your location in ooc."

I would assume for low levels this does not apply, correct?
Old 12-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Banned

when they say put your points in cha they are trolling

Cha is only used for classes who can charm or lull lines (enchanter for example)

Its used in PVE sometimes for divine intervention

I would put myself in anon at all times, but the population is so low you might not

encounter an actual fight with a another player until well up 45+ ish
Old 12-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Banned

I am not aware of any pvp bonuses from cha. Maybe there is something i am unaware of about faction. I believe you put points in like any other server with maybe some exceptions to tactics like proc warriors. Cha is good for enchs and bards but I am not good at either so I can not say if int or cha is more important. I have heard both. You can get some money bonuses at merchants from cha but the little I have investigated it it does not do much unless maybe you are on a speed run on a new server and trying to buy a hard to get NPC item. Try camping sisters camp in Lfay for money. I believe its camp 14 by MM.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when they say put your points in cha they are trolling
That's good news for me, thank you!
Old 12-03-2020, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

Default Skelies nerfed on Red

I killed many skeletons to hit level 4. I got few stacks of bone chips. And not one single stinking Cracked Staff!

Soon I'm going to need to buy lvl 5 spells and I'm still waiting on my first platina lol. OK I have some cooper/silver/gold so all will be good, but I forgot how hard really is, to start completely from zero. I started few alts on green, but you pass down some platina, you can buy bags right away, some items make you better, stronger and it is like piece of cake.

But this time, it was a different story. I had to run few times to guard for a rescue, BEFORE I managed to kill my first lvl 1 NPC on red. Fun times.

On a positive note, haven't died yet, so I'm doing great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So, back to those skelies... or they have been nerfed (their loot) or I have really bad luck lol

Hope this is not an early warning to me... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pivo; 12-03-2020 at 11:19 PM..
Old 12-04-2020, 03:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I killed many skeletons to hit level 4. I got few stacks of bone chips. And not one single stinking Cracked Staff!

Im only level 8 atm and have killed many a skeleton and have yet to see a cracked staff so its not just you lol. All good though.

Welcome to Red btw! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2020, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmega [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im only level 8 atm and have killed many a skeleton and have yet to see a cracked staff so its not just you lol. All good though.

Welcome to Red btw! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh, I knew it, server based discrimination! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2020, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Just hang in there you two, it does get easier as time goes on. It took me until around level 25ish to fully catch up on all my spells as a druid. But do flows a lot faster on red so lvls do go by quicker. Hit me up in game, I will be on tonight and I may be able to lend you a bit of a helping hand. My Red name is Reeltree.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy79bu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just hang in there you two, it does get easier as time goes on. It took me until around level 25ish to fully catch up on all my spells as a druid. But do flows a lot faster on red so lvls do go by quicker. Hit me up in game, I will be on tonight and I may be able to lend you a bit of a helping hand. My Red name is Reeltree.
Oh, I know soon will be better, at lvl 12 (i think) i can start with Minotaures in Steamfont and they drop axes for around 3pp. Then few levels later bandit sisters in LF and I should have few hundred platina. Soo all is good, I was just commenting, I forgot what a real start is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you for your generous offer, especially since you are relatively new also. I will skip it though, it is a challenge, part of the game. That way I will remember leveling this one much better, than all the alts on green that got initial help from me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy79bu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes Reeltree is a great help! He helped me out on my cleric. Thanks again!
Closed Thread