Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 04:59 AM
Large Rat

Default Nostalgia and evil toons

Hi all,

First of all a big thankyou for so many likeminded players coming together and recreating what has been the ONLY MMO to catch my fancy!

I played this when my dad bought it back in 2000. Used to look forward to weekends with him (he built me and my sister our own computer just to play the game!) and loved it up until PoP. Had some fun with a frog paladin but limited after that...

Anyways, great to be back older and wiser (you get more out of the game in your 20's than a 10 year old :P ), but a few quick questions:

My first character is a Necro human, been mucking about a bit but I think I made a mistake when I picked my starting town as Qenyos. It's a little... goody two-shoes, and as much as I like slaughtering gnolls, there are difficulties (such as that ruddy little elf druid that hangs around the Docks) that make life painful. Would it be advisable for me to move to freeport?

Also, is it just me or are there no newbie necro armour quests in Qenyos for an aspiring necro? :S

Cheers,

Al.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Kobold

In the end, Freeport is just more convenient because of its proximity to EC tunnel. It's up to you but personally I would roll in Freeport purely based on the fact that EC tunnel is so close and you can't go wrong with free buffs etc.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

I think as a necro you will have problems in some cities no matter what.

i don't think a lot of people start in Qeynos because FP has so much to offer. It has a guild for most classes and basically every vendor you can think of.

Not to mention the newbie area is great along with many zones nearby that you can level in. EC/WC/Nro/Oasis/Sro are all great zones to level and they are all very close.

Picking Qeynos was not a mistake though. Blackburrow is a fun and challenging zone to level in and the gnoll fangs quest gives crazy exp. (But beware it will make you KoS with a guard that paths near the monk guild).

What level are you?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Moving to closer will get you closer to people for sure, bit i wouldn't say starting in Qenos is necessarily a mistake ^^ as for newby armor quests, there aren't many. I believe humans/erudites have flayed skin if that is what you are referring to, but the global new by armor quests were not implemented until around PoP iirc. Welcome to the server though and sorry to not be more help. I am sure someone around be able to answer your questions ^^
Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Orc

save a little cash and get the flayed skin armor. Can buy the tunic for 50p in the EC tunnel, most of the other pieces are a little cheaper.
Great stats for the money plus you'll look awesome
Old 04-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Orc

I have a human necro that started in Qeynos. The one advantage is the bandit sash quest for appox lvl 8 to 14. That bronze weapon for every sash is a good way to pay for spells on a new account and the xp is really nice too.
The down side is the faction hit you take means you lose access to your trainers and have to buy your spells in Freeport after a while. Although that elf on the dock will stop attacking you.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Banned

I started writing a reply to you, but just made a whole new thread, check it out here!: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...48#post1843448

I hope it offers some help!
Closed Thread