Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:22 AM
Kobold

Default Luclin Models Blocked

I was told that in Velious, the Devs will be blocking any use of the Luclin player models - during the livestream announcement it was stated. Is this true?

Before you bombard this thread with the usual not-classic replies, please just reflect that this doesnt effect anyone else but the user themselves; its for my own personal enjoyment and it has zero gameplay advantages or impact on other players like in-game maps and the other 3rd party apps that players use frequently. It seems like such a small insignificant thing and sucks because I've been enjoying a mix of both classic and luclin models and actually created characters partially based on using luclin models.

So could we just get confirmation on this? I guess i feel like i know the answer already. in any case thanks very very much for this server. i enjoyed it alot.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

If you like Luclin models, you are sick in the head.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

I've actually heard that some big races can use luclin models to get up on 2nd floor com without shrink pots. If that's true, I'm willing to bet there are probably other game play advantages.

Plus you're a bad person for liking luclin models
Old 04-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Because I'd rather have my character look like something other than a collection of various shaped blocks? Granted the Luclin models aren't perfect by any means, but I still think they look better.

Also, why do people care? This came up several years ago in a thread I made detailing a way to enable the Luclin graphics using the SoD client. I stopped working on it because it was de-railed so quickly by Luclin model hate.

Seriously, why do you people care what the models look like on my screen? Granted, I hadn't heard about the possible exploit for larger races, but I still can't fathom why people care that much. Your screen has the "classic" pixels. You see the blocks and you see my characters in game that way, regardless of what I do or do not have enabled on my client. In no way does my having Luclin models enabled affect your game play. It's completely cosmetic!

So fuck you for trying to impose your game style on me, especially when it makes no difference whatsoever to you and you would have no idea if I hadn't told you.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've actually heard that some big races can use luclin models to get up on 2nd floor com without shrink pots. If that's true, I'm willing to bet there are probably other game play advantages.

Yeah but female Dark Elves and Wood Elves look better as luclin models. Everything else is ass.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you like Luclin models, you are sick in the head.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldiar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but female Dark Elves and Wood Elves look better as luclin models. Everything else is ass.
Female dark elves in plate? Definitely awesome in old models (although I know its a matter of opinion) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Why is an epic rogue camping Yendar? Are you some TunnelQuesting MQer Swish?!?!?
Old 04-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is an epic rogue camping Yendar? Are you some TunnelQuesting MQer Swish?!?!?
The bomb has been planted!
Old 04-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

I use Luclin models, and I don't give two shits what ya'll think. Most of you kids screaming about Luclin models not being Classic are running around with shadows on and other non classic ui shit.... So fuck yo couch.
Closed Thread