Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Aviak

Default Will Project 1999 Source Ever Be Released?

i'm just curious if there was any word or hint from th Devs/Admin team that they will ever release their source/db. they have done some great work here and i would love to see it and mess around with it myself, maybe host a private P1999 server for some friends.
has anyone seen any posts where the powers that be comment on this? or, if there are any devs/admins who read this, may i ask what the plans are for this?
Old 02-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

They won't release the source. The closest you can get is the eqmac source and db
Old 02-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Their source/database is the only proprietary thing they have.

Their source/database is also the reason most people come to this server when there are dozens of other EMU servers, which don't have the P99 source/database.

If they released their source/database for free or profit, then anyone and everyone would just open their own boxes and the servers would split all the guilds and populations and everyone of them would become a wasteland.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their source/database is the only proprietary thing they have.

Their source/database is also the reason most people come to this server when there are dozens of other EMU servers, which don't have the P99 source/database.

If they released their source/database for free or profit, then anyone and everyone would just open their own boxes and the servers would split all the guilds and populations and everyone of them would become a wasteland.
that's true, i was mostly wondering if now that the server has "finished" (sleeper is awakened?) that they might consider releasing it.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and everyone of them would become a wasteland.
Or an utopia.

Would be a great way to kill RMT too.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or an utopia.

Would be a great way to kill RMT too.
If utopia is a single player game or a private guild server at which point it is just raid instances with no one in the common areas.

Plus, no reason to RMT if you can just #summonitem and #level 60.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaterial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's true, i was mostly wondering if now that the server has "finished" (sleeper is awakened?) that they might consider releasing it.
The server isn't "finished."

We have another 6-7 months worth of Velious patches to go (e.g. Chardok revamp), which will likely take another year to fully roll out. Plus there are still bugs and tweaks to patch in preparation of a full proper timeline server release.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If utopia is a single player game or a private guild server at which point it is just raid instances with no one in the common areas.
You say potato and I say potato.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:

Plus, no reason to RMT if you can just #summonitem and #level 60.
it's no different than a private Minecraft server. i can give myself whatever i want, but i still play Survival because that's what i think is fun. however, by hosting my own server, i can add customizations or modifications to suit the exact tastes of me and my friends.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
The server isn't "finished."

We have another 6-7 months worth of Velious patches to go (e.g. Chardok revamp), which will likely take another year to fully roll out.
ah, i see. well i can wait a year if that's what it takes. i would just like to know if open sourcing it is on the road map anywhere.

Quote:
Plus there are still bugs and tweaks to patch in preparation of a full proper timeline server release.
interesting! is the current P1999 server just a "beta" or something?
Closed Thread