Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

soccer is the most popular sport in the world because it was shoved down the entire world's throat by the british empire. same reason cricket is the world's second most popular sport
Old 07-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ide take that over pussy soccer any day..
Old 07-15-2014, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Old 07-15-2014, 02:15 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who is not overweight can play soccer and be good at it, the only skill you need is to be able to kick a ball around.
Try running 20 mph with 50 pounds of protection on while rambling through 10 people trying to toss your ass to the ground as hard as they can then catching a ball breaking 40mph and then running another 80 yards. That takes actual skills and STRENGTH, thing about soccer is you really don't need any sorta upper body strength to play it and thats the reason so many pussies play it.

I think it has something to do with the fact most of the countries that are really big into soccer don't have big hills and while they might call Americans fat asses most Americans are not, most Americans are built like freaking trucks.

Could you imagine someone who grew up in Western Pa and WV who spent their whole lives walking up and down mountains and working out playing soccer and miss firing a kick into someone from Europe's gut? I bet I could kick straight through a person from across the ocean...
This confirms you're a fucking retard. Soccer is probably one of the fastest sports played ( hockey being first ) , and one of the most difficult ones to play

You do realize how much skill it takes to pass a ball 60 yards to someone else perfectly almost everytime, and even more skill it takes to control that ball at full flight and speed? Put any athlete onto an american football field and they can do well, put an athlete into a soccer game, even a sunday league one and they will do absolutely nothing.

If you think the only skill we have is running and " kicking a ball "

For the ones complaining about diving, id love to see you go into a 50 50 tackle with no protection at full speed and see how your legs feel afterwards
Old 07-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This confirms you're a fucking retard. Soccer is probably one of the fastest sports played ( hockey being first ) , and one of the most difficult ones to play

You do realize how much skill it takes to pass a ball 60 yards to someone else perfectly almost everytime, and even more skill it takes to control that ball at full flight and speed? Put any athlete onto an american football field and they can do well, put an athlete into a soccer game, even a sunday league one and they will do absolutely nothing.

For the ones complaining about diving, id love to see you go into a 50 50 tackle with no protection at full speed and see how your legs feel afterwards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLn-X8YJRg
Old 07-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hockey? I drank from the Stanley Cup.. And once again Western PA, Pittsburgh still has the very best hockey players in the world. & like I said all you need for soccer is the ability to control a soccer ball give me a week and I would be able to outrun anyone in Europe and control the ball.

Hockey is not a fast paced sport, neither is soccer..
Waiting 3 hours for someone to score a point because they are all to busy faking injuries.. At least in American hockey they punch each other in the face.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iPO3WtXPsc

===== WAY better then any other shitty european sport.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Aviak

I really don't understand the hate so many football fans have for soccer. I'm a football fan, but that doesn't preclude me from enjoying soccer too. They're totally different sports that require different physical and mental skills - sure, in terms of raw strength, any lineman or runningback will beat out the majority of soccer players, but to claim soccer doesn't require a huge amount of athleticism and skill is absurd. Soccer requires skills other than strength: speed, agility, awareness and endurance that would beat out all but the best football players. One of the things that impresses me most about soccer is the fact that everything happens on-the-fly. They aren't running constructed plays they've done 100+ times in practice, but every player is constantly reading and adjusting to the opposition, which takes incredible talent and confidence in yourself and your teammates. IMO, only top-tier QBs in the NFL even come close to having that kind of ability.

And on the subject of flopping, let's not pretend it doesn't happen in football too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8-JYSXDp9k
Old 07-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Aviak

No edits in RnF, but I forgot to mention... Go Hawks
Old 07-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iPO3WtXPsc

===== WAY better then any other shitty european sport.
Good vid. Ice hockey my favourite North American sport, but football still way better.
Closed Thread