Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Expect to kill 700-2000 kobolds in the warrens.

I've done it on three characters, and your starting faction with heretics is what determines the number of kills.

I can say with little doudbt that each warren kobold is +1 heretic faction.
That said. Get a druid, bard, mage, wiz to AE packs of them. It can be done in 2-3 hours.

It's actually a service that can be sold.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Expect to kill 700-2000 kobolds in the warrens.

I've done it on three characters, and your starting faction with heretics is what determines the number of kills.

I can say with little doudbt that each warren kobold is +1 heretic faction.
That said. Get a druid, bard, mage, wiz to AE packs of them. It can be done in 2-3 hours.

It's actually a service that can be sold.
Is it worthwhile to have a Paineel key beyond just grinding on the Guards there? Is it useful to have one for guildies, for instance?

I don't mind grinding it out, even if it take a good 2,000 kills, as I'll make some decent coin from doing it by just killing around the entrance, keeping the kill speed high and the risk low at the expense of leveling. Once I hit Amiable I'll likely be 12-3, and then I can immediately move to Lfay Sisters until 18-19, then come back to Paineel and be ready for the guards.

It will take 2,000+ then though, because I grinded from 7 to 10 just killing Elial Brook, and I maxed out my Deepwater Knights faction in doing so. But it also casued me to hit rock bottom with the Heretics.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-08-2020 at 03:01 PM..
Old 06-08-2020, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it worthwhile to have a Paineel key beyond just grinding on the Guards there? Is it useful to have one for guildies, for instance?
I think the main reason people get the key isn't so they can kill guards; it's so they can purchase: http://wiki.project1999.com/Hole_Key. So in the long run, if you ever want to XP or farm loot in The Hole, having a Paineel key will have value ... but otherwise it likely won't (and even if it will, it won't be for many levels).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the main reason people get the key isn't so they can kill guards; it's so they can purchase: http://wiki.project1999.com/Hole_Key. So in the long run, if you ever want to XP or farm loot in The Hole, having a Paineel key will have value ... but otherwise it likely won't.
That has huge value, actually, because I need to go to The Hole later as part of the Paladin Epic!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Keeper_of_the_Tombs

So I should just consider getting these two keys as part of the grind for my Epic then.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That has huge value, actually, because I need to go to The Hole later as part of the Paladin Epic!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Keeper_of_the_Tombs

So I should just consider getting these two keys as part of the grind for my Epic then.
Well, to be fair there are other ways to get into The Hole (eg. Ant's Potion and glitching through the door) ... but personally I hate trying to wiggle through that thing ... especially when you have a group with you, and they all manage to wiggle through just fine, so you feel like the idiot for not being able to ... so if nothing else you'll save on Ant Potions, and if you're like me you'll save a little sanity also.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, to be fair there are other ways to get into The Hole (eg. Ant's Potion and glitching through the door) ... but personally I hate trying to wiggle through that thing ... especially when you have a group with you, and they all manage to wiggle through just fine, so you feel like the idiot for not being able to ... so if nothing else you'll save on Ant Potions, and if you're like me you'll save a little sanity also.
Good enough reason for me to still do it, to feel like I got in legitimately and didn't cheese my way in.

I hope the guards in Paineel count as Undead. My Ghoulbane will want a workout by then.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Good enough reason for me to still do it, to feel like I got in legitimately and didn't cheese my way in.

I hope the guards in Paineel count as Undead. My Ghoulbane will want a workout by then.
The guards in Paineel do indeed count as undead. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 06-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I guess I'd better not mess with High Keep faction then, as I need to stay indifferent to the Banker for a quest turn-in, in relation to SoulFire.

I hate giving up the High Keep guards because they're such good, consistent money. It's hard to match the money you can make off of them at 25-35. I don't know where else I could go for those levels that would generate the same plat (Sisters in OoT are always camped).
You can open the trade window round the corner even if kos then quaff an invis pot while trade window open to set faction to indiff.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can open the trade window round the corner even if kos then quaff an invis pot while trade window open to set faction to indiff.
Well, High Keep Guards probably aren't a good solo grind spot for Paladins anyway. I should be fighting Undead whenever I can, especially since I have a Ghoulbane at my command.

So Paineel guards are both Undead and give huge coin with their swords and shields. Double win for me once I'm able to get in there.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

I was actually told that killing the Guards in Paineel doesn't result in a faction hit to anything, so I could kill them forever and they'd never go KoS to me. Is this true?
Closed Thread