Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plow, I知 an economy noob; can you give some examples of common items with wiki prices that drastically differ from their value? I知 sure high-end items suffer from this a lot. But are things like Fungi Tunics actually selling for 40k instead of ~60k? Are MQ prices routinely haggled way down? Are there mid-level items that are routinely advertised at highly inflated prices?

Interested in seeing behind the curtain. I知 always struggling to set fair prices on (mid to low level) gear.
Pretty much most of the items in the 15-100k range suffer from wiki manipulation from the mentioned above names. Hell if anyone remembers Petersen the tunnel troll, he likes to auction fungi tunic for like 85k, dragon bags at 110k and so forth. I知 basically trying to help everyone be aware that wiki is not the definite price guideline.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowyabeastlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you people PLEASE understand that the wiki prices are not what items are selling for. They are a guideline of asking prices and are highly manipulated by Wrin / Caros and a few others. Do yourself a favor, and come to forums and search the item your selling and get an avg of actual asking prices. I personally try to keep my prices more than fair and pass along my savings to others but if yall keep giving in and believing these wiki prices, market is gonna crash worse than it is.

Rant over, Flame away do whatever ya gotta do but i had to put this out there.

-Best Regards
Fleamarkit

Hehehehe, why do I have some sort of deja vu feeling reading your post Plow ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Vaarsuvius; 06-24-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Old 06-24-2020, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plow, I知 an economy noob; can you give some examples of common items with wiki prices that drastically differ from their value? I知 sure high-end items suffer from this a lot. But are things like Fungi Tunics actually selling for 40k instead of ~60k? Are MQ prices routinely haggled way down? Are there mid-level items that are routinely advertised at highly inflated prices?

Interested in seeing behind the curtain. I知 always struggling to set fair prices on (mid to low level) gear.
Only casual EC tunneler here, far from having Plow's experience, but for example, when auctionning to sell a Hiero cloak a couple of days ago, I was offered a Shard of the Night for it, but the same day, I saw someone selling a very long list lot of high end pieces of gear ask nearly 60k for said Shard of Night
Old 06-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Only have positive exeperience with fleamarkit, hes a decent guy
Old 06-24-2020, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

If you see Caros selling something, chances are the ACTUAL price of the item is 1/2 to 3/4ths of it. The only thing hes sold at a reasonable rate is seahorse belt at 30k.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:01 PM
Kobold

@plowyabeastlord, you the guy always spamming, begging people for their items for cheap? "Fleabag" or something like that?
Old 06-24-2020, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by questever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@plowyabeastlord, you the guy always spamming, begging people for their items for cheap? "Fleabag" or something like that?
99% sure the person who was Fleabag does not play anymore. Human ranger, I helped him with his epic about a year ago, and he pretty much never left Karnor's.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:19 AM
Sarnak

Is there a way to get known overpricers/manipulators removed from the Wiki tracker?

I am sure i read a post about that a long time ago.

Cardos was spamming a Narandi's Lance for 50,000 and 100,000 the other day.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

Have the guy running the auction tracker site /ignore Cardos and Wrin
Old 06-25-2020, 06:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to get known overpricers/manipulators removed from the Wiki tracker?

I am sure i read a post about that a long time ago.

Cardos was spamming a Narandi's Lance for 50,000 and 100,000 the other day.
Not rly because you can literally shift+find your name in a log and change it to whatever you want before uploading it to the wiki.

That's why the WIKI is a just a guide more than anything, and i always check back months on prices listed.
Closed Thread