Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

go on..
Old 12-23-2020, 05:01 PM
Banned

Being "chosen" means God is going to "turn" them toward God at the end, and show Set his rebellion was entirely pointless, and futile, because even those who are most in Set's pocket are going to be used to bring about God's glory.

God takes what the enemy meant for evil, and he uses it for Good.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 12-23-2020 at 05:03 PM..
Old 12-23-2020, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Going to have to write something much cooler with lots of references for me to agree because in Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jewish people were singularly chosen to enter into a covenant with G-d. This idea has been a central one throughout the history of Jewish thought, is deeply rooted in biblical concepts and has been developed in talmudic, philosophic, mystical and contemporary Judaism.
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-23-2020 at 05:05 PM..
Old 12-23-2020, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to have to write something much cooler with lots of references for me to agree.
Read ezekiel 16 more carefully.

Understand that the entire Old Testament is a story of the Jew's continual turning away from God to worship Remphan/Moloch in his stead.

That's why their symbol is a six-sided star, the number of Man, because man always falls short of the Glory of God, whose number is 777
Last edited by Gwaihir; 12-23-2020 at 05:07 PM..
Old 12-23-2020, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

ohhhh no no no

that evangelical stuff doesnt fly with me

"read it more carefully" is code for, I just heard someone else say it.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

I could read any pariable in the bible "more carefully" and come up with 500 different metaphores and morals.

read it more carefully =/= historical cross-referencing.

Jews were chosen to spread the word of god, and only 1 religion came up with the concept, and since then it has been adapted by Muslims, Christians, and Evangelicals to all mean totally different nonsense.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Banned

Really?

But you trusted in your beauty and used your fame to become a prostitute. You lavished your favors on anyone who passed by(AE) and your beauty became his.(AF) 16 You took some of your garments to make gaudy high places,(AG) where you carried on your prostitution.(AH) You went to him, and he possessed your beauty.[b] 17 You also took the fine jewelry I gave you, the jewelry made of my gold and silver, and you made for yourself male idols and engaged in prostitution with them.(AI) 18 And you took your embroidered clothes to put on them, and you offered my oil and incense(AJ) before them. 19 Also the food I provided for you—the flour, olive oil and honey I gave you to eat—you offered as fragrant incense before them. That is what happened, declares the Sovereign Lord.(AK)

20 “‘And you took your sons and daughters(AL) whom you bore to me(AM) and sacrificed them as food to the idols. Was your prostitution not enough?(AN) 21 You slaughtered my children and sacrificed them to the idols.(AO) 22 In all your detestable practices and your prostitution you did not remember the days of your youth,(AP) when you were naked and bare,(AQ) kicking about in your blood.(AR)

23 “‘Woe!(AS) Woe to you, declares the Sovereign Lord. In addition to all your other wickedness, 24 you built a mound for yourself and made a lofty shrine(AT) in every public square.(AU) 25 At every street corner(AV) you built your lofty shrines and degraded your beauty, spreading your legs with increasing promiscuity to anyone who passed by.(AW) 26 You engaged in prostitution(AX) with the Egyptians,(AY) your neighbors with large genitals, and aroused my anger(AZ) with your increasing promiscuity.(BA) 27 So I stretched out my hand(BB) against you and reduced your territory; I gave you over(BC) to the greed of your enemies, the daughters of the Philistines,(BD) who were shocked by your lewd conduct. 28 You engaged in prostitution with the Assyrians(BE) too, because you were insatiable; and even after that, you still were not satisfied.(BF) 29 Then you increased your promiscuity to include Babylonia,[c](BG) a land of merchants, but even with this you were not satisfied.(BH)
Old 12-23-2020, 05:19 PM
Banned

Everyone who quotes proverbs(CC) will quote this proverb about you: “Like mother, like daughter.” 45 You are a true daughter of your mother, who despised(CD) her husband(CE) and her children; and you are a true sister of your sisters, who despised their husbands and their children. Your mother was a Hittite and your father an Amorite.(CF)

This is the part where God tells them they are descendents of Eve's fornication with the serpent in the garden. Eve, who despised her husband Adamu, the descendents of whom God washed clean, yet repeatedly turns their back on him.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 12-23-2020 at 05:22 PM..
Old 12-23-2020, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to have to write something much cooler with lots of references for me to agree because in Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jewish people were singularly chosen to enter into a covenant with G-d. This idea has been a central one throughout the history of Jewish thought, is deeply rooted in biblical concepts and has been developed in talmudic, philosophic, mystical and contemporary Judaism.
Btw, Talmudism, is by definition anti-Christian apologetics.

There seems to be a misinterpretation that Judaism evolved into Talmudism. This is false.

By definition, the Torah and the Septuagint both prophecy the coming of the Christ as the redeemer of the world who enters into a new covenant with ALL of humanity.

This means that Judaism evolved into what we call Christianity, and anyone who refuses it and adopts Talmudism is denying God as a heretic, because the Torah specifically points toward the coming of Jesus Christ.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Its very bad idea to single out a few paragraphs and then compare what they mean in context of each other, and not the entire pariabile they wer pulled from.

For example doing that, I can say that if you dont invest your money and increase its value, then you will be cast out by god.

Ezikil 16 is about God holding up a mirror to the Jews so they can see themselves as He saw them at the time. He was met with ingratitude, indifference and abomination (they played too much grand theft auto, friggen kids!).

It offers a reason the jews were driven from isreal and lost their war, without saying "because the other guys god was more powerful"

It's a culture map and a history book.
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-23-2020 at 05:38 PM..
Closed Thread