Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Not to hijack but my 60 SK (very fresh and non-raided honestly) is a dark elf and really struggling in terms of HP/STA.

Can anyone recommend some quick fix items that really help in that department? I think my STA is something like 125 unbuffed.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

The dragon heads quests in kael (barbed dragonscale pauldrons, boots and cloak of the maelstrom) all have some sta on otherwise decent items. WW dragons aren’t so hard to gather troops for. If you don’t have faction someone else can loot / hand in for you.

Red, blue or green?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 12-11-2021, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to hijack but my 60 SK (very fresh and non-raided honestly) is a dark elf and really struggling in terms of HP/STA.

Can anyone recommend some quick fix items that really help in that department? I think my STA is something like 125 unbuffed.
Do you have a Magelo or something? And do you plan on raiding, or are you sticking to solo play?
Old 12-11-2021, 10:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You play on red right? Chardok shoulders are prob the way to go. 15 sta/55 hp, earring of Essence/hammered golden loops/pearly sarnak bauble. I’m not an huge fan of HGL’s on knights due to the ac hit (even though I wear them) but for raw hp/sta they can’t be beat.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That means Crown of Narandi, Shawl 7, and Blood Ember Greaves. Those will give you the biggest bang for your buck.
I picked up the greaves and wow they are amazing. I was skeptical because I've seen some debate on how good they were before, but I am now a true believer. Absolutely class changing. 3 seconds is perfectly serviceable for most use cases, esp. given there's no additional cool down so you can just spam them. I can't imagine playing without them at this point.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

I really like them - I often don't even mem FD on my sk. They do make me want the instacast circlet of shadow(s?) than before I had the BE legs though.

Did you get a vindi bp yet? I'm not convinced it is so much substantially better than BE. Not in a transformative way at least.

Anyone got the Fennin Ro worn attack gloves?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 12-22-2021, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I picked up the greaves and wow they are amazing. I was skeptical because I've seen some debate on how good they were before, but I am now a true believer. Absolutely class changing. 3 seconds is perfectly serviceable for most use cases, esp. given there's no additional cool down so you can just spam them. I can't imagine playing without them at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really like them - I often don't even mem FD on my sk. They do make me want the instacast circlet of shadow(s?) than before I had the BE legs though.

Did you get a vindi bp yet? I'm not convinced it is so much substantially better than BE. Not in a transformative way at least.

Anyone got the Fennin Ro worn attack gloves?
Glad to see some people trying out the BE Greaves[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] They are badass, and I do like the option that you can choose not to mem FD if you want something else on your bar. Clickies do give a lot of flexibility, which can be really underrated. The ability to spam them is also really nice, and they work even if you run out of mana.

I have Circlet of Shadow, Vindi BP, and Fennin Ro Gloves. I certainly enjoy all of them. The Fennin Ro Gloves are nice because most SK gloves suck anyway, so it isn't a huge stat loss slot to begin with, and the extra ATK is nice. Vindi BP is great too. I'm too lazy to get a Fungi for my SK, so the extra regen is always welcome when combined with my Troll regen. The main thing you want Vindi BP for is the resistances. You really can't beat +15 all res in a slot, especially combined with all the other stats. It's your BiS resistance piece for chest, so it will always be useful, even if you get Breastplate of Eradication later.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-22-2021 at 03:37 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Try for Eyepatch of Plunder, Scout Bracers, SS items, +6 neck, hierophant cloak, epic ear, pearly Sarnak Bauble, Narandi Crown, PoS shoulders, etc.. lot of room for improvement.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a fellow Troll SK, you can look at my Magelo in my Sig to get ideas on what to fill your other slots with.
Some of the gear on this magelo is just... wrong...

Like wearing the 7th Coldain ring full time. 6/65 would be better. I guess an argument could be made that your other ring has INT for mana, but Band of Eternal Flame would be better still. If you're wearing them for MR, please consider putting MR gear in a bag to wear tanking gear unless fighting fearing dragons.

Same for the arms. Get Crystal Chitin Armplates. Dark Runed are Thurg, growth arms are better until you get SS arms. I guess you're wearing them for the mana, though, but doesn't really seem worth...

Two more easy upgrades would be Spider Fur Belt and Barbed Dragonscale Boots, altho the boots have several better alternatives.

The obvious one would be Vindi boots, but hanging out in Kael, you will often see Boots of Dark Passage rotting, and those would definitely be better.

Quote:
The Fennin Ro Gloves are nice because most SK gloves suck anyway, so it isn't a huge stat loss slot to begin with, and the extra ATK is nice.
The attack is nice on warrior because they already do so much DPS, but with a knight tank not really having DPS as their goal, I'll stick with my Velium Encrusted Gauntlets
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is good place at lvl 51 SK to solo grind
The 3 NRo guards around the inn were a great relaxed semi afk spot for me from 49 to 54. They all come single, drop 11pp swords & FS weapons, die really fast and have à 20ish minute repop timer. You can even sell stuff to the innkeeper

Depending on you OT faction, you might also consider levelling on the sarnak berzerker braids. It’s very good exp too, I still do at 56