Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing these servers need is random ass down time that ruins all raider plans by repop ping the whole server like live had
That is what quakes are supposed to emulate actually. I don't know how the rate of quakes compares to how often the servers went down on live, but that would be cool to adjust the quake rate to match that.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey its the guy that failed all 3 servers, welcome back.
Hi
Old 01-12-2022, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Just go play on TAKP.

Raid in your guilds raid hours.

The mobs are always up.

You get all content.

There is no batphones or tracking or nonsense like p99.

There is years of content to do. P99 felt stagnant and horrible after 2 years of kunark. Let alone 5 years of velious. Jesus this place is unhealthy.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is what quakes are supposed to emulate actually. I don't know how the rate of quakes compares to how often the servers went down on live, but that would be cool to adjust the quake rate to match that.
Quakes are supposed to happen without anyone being aware of them happening. You go to login server and your server is down and you know everything is gunna be up by the time you get in there and it’s go time.

I don’t think any guild is big enough to FTE all the high value targets on p99 which means the less populous guilds would have some chance with this method.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
During Velious it was literally like every week, and usually at like 9AM pacific on weekday like Tuesday for server maintenance.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

I like quakes vs spawn timers because thats a free for all and requires racing and mobalizing, which is the only way you can enjoy a raid.

So I feel like once all raid mobs are dead, the random earth quake timer starts ticking down, that'd be a better system for everquest than individual timers.

But I would rather they made it so you could fight nag and vox at 60 than they do anything else.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:34 PM
Banned

op wants to kill a dragon
>no raid knowledge
>doesnt put in effort to actually try to attend dragons
>doesnt even have a max level yet

sounds about right

keep complaining and im sure they will eventually give you what you want
red players are doing the same thing too!
Old 01-12-2022, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>no raid knowledge

sounds about right

Agreed. If you don't put in any effort, you won't kill a Dragon lol. It really doesn't require that much effort as a casual. More than most MMOs these days? Yes, but if you want that, go play those MMOs instead.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Agreed. If you don't put in any effort, you won't kill a Dragon lol. It really doesn't require that much effort as a casual. More than most MMOs these days? Yes, but if you want that, go play those MMOs instead.
[visits loot store]

Quote:
"Done!" -Dude Bigly
Old 01-12-2022, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>no raid knowledge

sounds about right

Tuna, not everyone is willing to go to such great lengths, such as yourself, to conquer Drangondom. Most people have a family and life that exists outside of video games. I know this is hard for you to comprehend because you never leave your 5x5 Made in China shitbox. Your online nursing school courses may be the only thing still tying you to the outside world.

But to refute your points one by one:
-no raid knowledge - what are you basing this on? I have years of playing EQ religiously back in 1999 to 2002. I dont raid on P99 because im not autistic.
-doesnt put in the effort - wrong again, im just not willing to go to such great lengths as you are.
-doesnt even have a max level yet - again you assume because I havent updated my signature in 5 years that I dont have a max level. Ill update my signature, then you'll know how amazing I am.