Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 01-14-2022, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is about 70 grown men who haven't logged off since server launch, that's not an exaggeration they were doing Fear, Hate and Naggy on day 4.

If people are gonna sink to that lvl of loser you have to treat them like children and put in a WoW rested and exhausted effect on exp to save them from themselves.

Force them to log off by making their exp penalty so great they are just grinding a broken wheel and remove all group exp bonus when they reach a certain point.

This is meant to be a video game, not a cyber support group for the clinically insane.
This is why a new red is not going to work. My first lvl 50 on red was like month 3 or 4. Server over by then. I think a couple of years ago it would of panned out had a nice couple of months before a nilly would start to monopolize the server. That shit is happening day 4 or 5 now.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:22 PM
Kobold

the only way to make eq pvp fun anymore is to cap the levels

first month: 12
2nd month: 24
3rd: 36
4: 50
Old 01-14-2022, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn I really hope they level cap next launch to make it a different vibe and have pvp rankings only for people killed at the cap so there isn’t an advantage to farming pre level 10s when the cap is level 10 etc.

Trying to do content that’s way hard for a level 10 in order to get better items when 10 is max level would be super cool
When they beta tested WoW Classic, they did a level 30 or 40 cap, I can't remember and the community had an absolute blast pvping and trying to do high level dungeons like it was raid content.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Also, the day of the power gamer is here and it is awful.

Best part of all these old school games was the percentage of people pushing to end game was so miniscule.

Next P99 server launch will have like 5% of the population not pushing for experience to get to removed item camp lines ASAP.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

That’s why it has to have level caps to slow roll the entire damn thing.

On pvp server massing level tens for raid emperor crush for first BIS dwarven ring mail tunic is going to be sweet.

And I agree with everyone. No one played EverQuest to beat it but a small percentage of people. Most people had no idea what the endgame was and had a blast figuring out what to do with zarchoomi’s head in butcherblock and other things as they came across them.

I think the only way to make these servers actually fun to start and participate in is to make it impossible to “break” the game by hitting level 50 in 4 days.

The more players clustered around the same non level 50 and non level 60 levels, the better.

Shac your rollout is okay but I’d rather have it much slower since when it hits 50 it’s game over for new sign ups i would like it like

10 for one month
20 for two months
30 for three months
40 for four months
50 for five months

Reset (or kunark)

And for the post 50 levels at least one month per level so there’s no level 60 rush either. Plenty of time for normal people to progress before the level 60 raid bickering commences.

The new dynamic of trying to complete content without being max
Level will be worth it alone.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Level caps is such a terrible idea and def only suggest by people who haven't played EQ pvp in the last 5 years or just lost 24/7 if they did.

Level locking on any of the shit box's I've played on has only promoted creating multiple characters. And that sucked because to me because it took away the penalty of dying. Kill someone at Frenzy in lguk and they just log on another capped character somewhere In Norrath to keep farming something else. It's like I don't even exist to them.

Red99 was the same of course after years of stagnation but with OG xp and no Level caps you at least get some time before it happens.

It's not the PvP fest you think it is, it's just more ways for people to avoid it and PvE, which is the goal for most people playing EQ, even on a red server.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

I like level cap ideas. Ideas like that aren't always terrible. It's not bad to throw out crazy ideas. I think unfortunately, the direction modern video games have gone, it has made it scary to throw out absurd ideas just for fun.

- Don't change the original format too much, (Freeport, Nektulos Forest.) I think I remember seeing Nektulos Forest changed, from as open as a zone you can get (A giant square.) to some Final Fantasy linear path.

Thats great and all, but they did that with Diablo 3. Stop buying a game and changing stuff dramatically. That type of idea for a game it's not bad. Just put that in a new game.

I could go on more, but I don't want to rant. So I'm unsure if I should add this last one, because I don't know if it's the guiding force in the universe. But also maybe have some respect for the original creators.

Oh yea and modern FPS have been garbage. I'm not sure I haven't played any new ones in forever. Overwatch was good but overwatch is supposed to be a fun, random, new idea game.

Sorry reebz, my mini video game rant is not directed towards you or anyone in particular. Just ranting for a second there.
Last edited by A Knight; 01-14-2022 at 10:23 PM..
Old 01-14-2022, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Reebz I was concerned about the multi character thing too but a psycho with twenty level tens is a lot better than a psycho with a level 50 on day 4.

Like if he wants to have a stack of accounts he simultaneously leveled to 50 who cares when boxing is illegal and by the time the cap is level 30 your gunna have things to do other than level alts because you will wanna start gearing up.

Sure it creates multi toon problems. How would you combat that? I dunno
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:13 PM
Kobold

That's literally the point. If he just has 1 level 50 and dies that's it hes done for the night.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

The goal is to get there to be action at level 1-49 for longer than 3 days.

What’s your proposal?

Mine is level caps. It isn’t perfect.
Lost but not forgotten.