Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Default Status of Trakanon Teeth zone .

let me start with this, since almost 1 year this zone has been a non playable zone wich cause me desynch and death.

i know because i still play in same pc account net conection this zone used to be fine.

more and more players are gettin this issue wich have made kc a over crowded zone.

there is a bug report but looks like its ignored by devs in same way than alchemy is being ignored for long time.

if any of you people take his time to read this and you have same trouble as me i would please thank you to post a comment in the bug forum section.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

I had this issue for ages and similarly raged about it.

I turned my framerate down in video options from 100 to 60 or something well above what EQ renders at anyway, and that cleared it up instantly. That was the only change I made, and zoning TT is no longer an issue.

Try that, seriously. At least give it a shot. It worked for me, and I used to lose my shit on an exponential level every time I had to move through TT.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Tried frame rate that tried far clip plane this. It's sometimes randomly not desyncing when internet connection having a good day or something, noclue what's dictating the whole thing and the GMs apparently can't replicate this problem. This is an issue am facing in p99 exclusively, can enter TT on other servers and it's perfectly fine.

As it stands traversing TT with this issue is basically zoning in, heading towards seb along zonewalls, ping climbs up to 10k+, booted to char select/login halfway along the road, log in again, repeat until at seb orb, log in once more to try to spam seb key on orb before desync. Every now and then a frog or ghost caught you en route and you spend decades trying to loot your corpse eating the exp death. Think just this weekend running there logged back in from one desync to find char at 30% health with 2 frog corpses nearby.

Dev team does what they can, is all good. Still would like suggesting an emergency bandaid of adding a translocator npc that spawns for couple minutes every half an hour at NEcorner of EJ taking people directly to seb!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Already posted in the bugs forum.

Someone suggested to me that I zone into TT (from EJ) and just sit at the zoneline for a minute or two before making a trip through to Sebilis.

...seems to work, weirdly.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Majority of these player suggested fixes sound like goofy folk lore rain-prediction stories.

Granny's little toe felt a little warm this morning must be pouring soon.
Walk backwards while first person view staring at ground texture hit F10 to turn off UI and you won't desync.

/ponderr
Old 10-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

The fix I suggested actually solved my desync issue. Instant, permanent fix. Thus why I took a moment out of my fucking day to suggest it here, because it did everything I wanted in terms of a desync fix.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Majority of these player suggested fixes sound like goofy folk lore rain-prediction stories.
Embrace shamanism [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fix I suggested actually solved my desync issue. Instant, permanent fix. Thus why I took a moment out of my fucking day to suggest it here, because it did everything I wanted in terms of a desync fix.
i thank you for using ur time and is a great attitude yours, sadly didint worked.

i remember this zone used to be fine for almost 2 years then after one of the last patchs was impossible . is till remember when hunter forager was semi broken every 2 days.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

The exact same scenario happened to me. I was fine until a certain patch, after which point I was a megaton-level disaster every time I died in Seb, and we couldn't get our enchanter friend keyed because of the forager cycle losing its shit all the time.

I went to post about it in bug reports one day (after getting stuck in TT and being replaced in a king trio), found mention of the framerate fix working for some people. I logged into my alt, adjusted the framerate, logged to my main and haven't had a single complaint since.

I literally went from not wanting to touch the zone to having no problem gating just to sow and re-zone to seb. Sorry it didn't work for you.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

Shaman bag being broken is classic. It was broken on live during the same time frame.
Closed Thread