Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

The folks who make the rules here rather favor the hardcore, competitive mindset. That might've been news....in 2009. In 2017 just accept P1999 for what it is and take it or leave it. The post quoted at the start of this thread says much the same ("not for everyone").

Danth
Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Banned

maybe someone else does repops
Old 02-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Cant edit so here's more random thought: Heck, Sirken even explains why they favor the mode of gameplay that they do: They feel it isn't available elsewhere. That's even a decent point; the counter-point is that a more-or-less classic EQ isn't really available elsewhere either so that's why you have that horde of filthy casuals here at all. If there was another near-classic server which used a ruleset catering to a more casual mindset I suspect P1999's population wouldn't be where it is now.

Danth
Old 02-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Aviak

Its better now than it used to be, something many new players don't really understand.
Atleast we actually have(had?) working agreements. Something we didnt have for 48935 years of Kunark.

tl;dr nothing to see buisness as usual.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant edit so here's more random thought: Heck, Sirken even explains why they favor the mode of gameplay that they do: They feel it isn't available elsewhere. That's even a decent point; the counter-point is that a more-or-less classic EQ isn't really available elsewhere either so that's why you have that horde of filthy casuals here at all. If there was another near-classic server which used a ruleset catering to a more casual mindset I suspect P1999's population wouldn't be where it is now.

Danth
You are just asking for the phinny/takp/p2002 fanboys to chime in...
Old 02-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand how the P99 staff can seriously believe they are catering to casual players at all when everything that matters requires FTE racing. 99% of the server does not want to sit there for 0-16 hours and then lose to someone alt-tab cheating.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Basically Sirken's response was to tell 80% of the server to go play someplace else if they don't like it, then lock the thread. Diplomacy at its finest.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Banned

there are ppl in this thread, perhaps a majority, who read sirken's post

sit back and process that for a few mins
Old 02-01-2017, 07:40 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Translation: shit ain't changing, gtfo casuals.
Honestly, if that's what you got from my post, then either I utterly failed in delivering my message or you have consumed entirely too much of your own koolaid and are only seeing what you want to see.

<3

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure I really understand what exactly is being poopsocked these days? In ToV, the only people in zone during repop days are racers and a handful of AFK people. Is he talking about people standing at the race line waiting on a spawn? That doesn't seem like a poopsock to me. I think of a poopsock as an entire kill force logged in ready to go. With racing, there is really not benefit to doing that.

The only mobs I know that are poopsocked by that definition are fear golems and Severilous, and only a couple guilds are putting themselves through that ordeal (why, I don't know).

Maybe I'm missing something?
Kunark era had entire raid forces logged out at raid targets or when the windows were low enough, logged in and all trying to get that kill. It evolved from gms having to check logs of each kill to see who had fte to yellow text to go poopsock the zones. For a lot of targets there were still raid forces logged in at landline ready for that coth, specifically vs and trak were highly contested each spawn.

Today's raids share a similarity in that there's a plethora of racers from any guild at one time but I don't consider that anything like what it was. I don't know what targets are even poopsocked these days. Maybe a yelinak for coth races? Unless GMs consider raiders racing a poopsock in which case its never going to change.