Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

/lfg on
/w all level level
/tell player Hi I'm a level <insert level> cleric looking for a group. I'd love to heal you and a group of players.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

So to address this point:

Originally, I was planning to go max CHA in hopes that my green cleric would eventually go to blue (and achieve best-in-slot in like, 8 years). Since this blue/green merge is now up in the air as per the latest announcement, I am gonna go the traditional route of max WIS and then STA, on a human Innoruuk cleric (in hopes that I'll loot a guise). Innoruuk for quest items, of course, and because I'm a DE on blue.

Some of the other advice has been great here. I would highly recommend Star of Eyes for a GCD clicky, though I am not sure if it will be in game at launch.

Always have DA/DB/gate memmed and use them to escape if necessary. Money will be tight, buy heals, buffs, nukes, roots, atone, lull line, summon food, drink etc. Always have Complete Heal in slot 1 for reuse time reduction. Try and learn how mobs affect the MT in your group so you can time CH for best efficiency.

Lastly: Always be nice and rez and buff.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So to address this point:

Originally, I was planning to go max CHA in hopes that my green cleric would eventually go to blue (and achieve best-in-slot in like, 8 years). Since this blue/green merge is now up in the air as per the latest announcement, I am gonna go the traditional route of max WIS and then STA, on a human Innoruuk cleric (in hopes that I'll loot a guise). Innoruuk for quest items, of course, and because I'm a DE on blue.

Some of the other advice has been great here. I would highly recommend Star of Eyes for a GCD clicky, though I am not sure if it will be in game at launch.

Always have DA/DB/gate memmed and use them to escape if necessary. Money will be tight, buy heals, buffs, nukes, roots, atone, lull line, summon food, drink etc. Always have Complete Heal in slot 1 for reuse time reduction. Try and learn how mobs affect the MT in your group so you can time CH for best efficiency.

Lastly: Always be nice and rez and buff.
I've been thinking about going 25 WIS 5 CHA. Human inny cleric as well.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Reznor your cleric will have a long and wonderful life. maximum charisma is a bit tough because you will not have good wisdom gear all through the best era, vanilla.

But a higher charisma race like a high elf or human or erudite may be a good choice if you want to have some boosted charisma vs a jerk like a dark elf or a stinky short guy like myself.

I don't get that many critical resists so I am trying to figure out the charisma dynamics anyways. There was one calculator for charisma impact on pacify line and said it is charisma minus 150 / 10

that means to get a 1% boost in chance of landing or whatever, you need like 160 charisma. I am not sure if this is the actual case. If it is, then just give up on charisma on a cleric and play a better race.

The robe question is tough. Are you going to get high end best in slot dragon robe? Or are you like 99% of people and will use a fungi or something easier to get so the dragon robe isn't an issue either?

Its a lot harder to choose race for non ogre classes, and non iksar classes.

I can't decide what class to do on green. Cleric is one of the hardest to choose for me. I am leaning towards classes that are easier to choose for that reason, but then I lean back to the best class ever (cleric)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

For charisma effect on lull spells: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383
Old 10-23-2019, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

im thinking of maining cleric, but i am casual so will probably go halfling for the exp bonus. also love the sneak and hide combo. can anyone make a case for the other races? darkelf gets snare neck, but that seems useless since i wont ever solo. gnome gets wallsight, but so does halfling. highelf has really high wisdom...
Old 10-23-2019, 08:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im thinking of maining cleric, but i am casual so will probably go halfling for the exp bonus. also love the sneak and hide combo. can anyone make a case for the other races? darkelf gets snare neck, but that seems useless since i wont ever solo. gnome gets wallsight, but so does halfling. highelf has really high wisdom...
I'm going human inny cleric for several reasons. Firstly they have access to snare neck, and fear mask. They also have very balanced stats and one of the highest base charismas. Charisma isnt as important as wisdom, but its def not negligible.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Make sure to check how you're going to enjoy the classic darkness mod on human. Also the Paineel quests don't open here until timeline appropriate around 2 months before kubark release. On blue I think they were available from the start.

For cleric most races have bonus and it's hard to choose.
Human has snare and fear clickie and see invis helm second best charisma by 5
Dark elf has snsre clicky
Erudite has fear and see invis helm
Halfling has wall sight exp bonus and sneak and hide
High elf has tunare item does something good and highest Wis and charisma
Dwarf has best stats besides Charisma

Human dark elf high elf erudite can wear end game impossible to get robes.

If only ogres could be clerics.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-23-2019 at 09:32 AM..
Old 10-23-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Im going DE because Neriak is the coolest starting city and if I'm going to call one of these places home it's going to be the blue and purple place with lots of neon lights. All the other starting cities are stupid. I hate them and you should hate them too.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

the amount of loading you will do just running thru Neriak will be like an exp penalty. Rivervale is near perfect in its layout
Closed Thread