Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Non Classic Solutions to 2021 problems?
We need some custom to make it work 12 75.00%
Make a true classic server for fucks sake 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

When they voted for FFA it was the biggest retards advocating for it lol, like Nirgon and other people with either stupid points or just selfish wanted to grief everyone off the box and stroke their ego.
Old 07-07-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

fuck FFA how stupid do you have to be to want FFA...

ps. nirgon wanted the best for red.
If you were stupid enough to think that's what he was proposing,... ugh
he was problem solving,.. the problem is there was no problem in the staff's eyes.

inb4 i'm banned.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:33 PM
Kobold

Gustoos ideas are unfortunately terrible. Stasis's opinion is worthless, no matter what server is made he will log on, join the winning guild, raid uncontested for a few months, then quit. Always. Who is Baler? And Nirgon? Dude is old AF and been playing green for 2 years straight, claiming its "more red then red". Senile + bad at EQ.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Reebz love to see some contributions from a champ of your stature. I just wanted to have a fresh (rehashed) conversation here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gustoos ideas are unfortunately terrible. Stasis's opinion is worthless, no matter what server is made he will log on, join the winning guild, raid uncontested for a few months, then quit. Always. Who is Baler? And Nirgon? Dude is old AF and been playing green for 2 years straight, claiming its "more red then red". Senile + bad at EQ.
Sorry your application was denied. Maybe next server?
Old 07-08-2021, 02:04 PM
Banned

Voted for tru classic.

It's a museum.

And old rallos pre kubark was a genuine corpse littered battle field.

It never had a chance here. Because no one gave it a chance before tstaff, epic rez, and TL boxes, ragebringers dropped.

Rallos purely pre epic. Only way to go. Stay forever in rubicite era.

With classic itemloots.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:07 PM
Banned

They really dont need to fuck with it much to make it work. To me, Rallos was the pinnacle of EQ pvp. Sullon was absolutely brutal, i quit for rallos after getting broke in half by a 45 wiz in blackburrow and the same thing will happen with a team server unless some tweaks happen which i never saw suggested in the 10 years reading this forums. So... See Rallos as the blueprint and tweak it to make it work.

What worked on Rallos that wasnt present on red at launch:

- Gfay was a trading hub, low level pvp hub, a travel hub, a newb money maker hub, all rolled into one. On red Gfay was a ghost town because you never lost items so there wasnt a market for lower level pieces. No one pvpd because pvp = steamroll by zerg almost guaranteed to result in xp loss for non-zergers (that was fixed).

- I almost quit rallos as well, this is what made me stay on the server: On halloween 2001, there was a server-wide event in which event mobs appeared in zones like East Karana, Rathe Mountains which dropped no-drop items. This was crucial in making me feel like i had a fighting chance against twinks. Make these events, or similar events, permanent. Probably easier and better: Add some custom no-drop gear to the loot tables of regular mobs at level brackets: So one set for say, 10-20, one set for 20-30 etc... Make those a bit less powerful than regular magic items so that you only put the drop gear on when youre rolling with a crew, doing guild stuff and the regular items arent made redundant. This will make item loot viable and fun.

-----------------

Added tweaks:

- Xp hotzones. For pvp and a little spice to concentrate the pop somewhere once in a while.

- Get rid of yellow text if its still in effect. It was a stupid idea then, its a stupid idea now. Why would you disclose the location of some poor newb trying to grind in peace? This only serves to drain the server of population.

Thats it, only these little tweaks to a Rallos-ruleset server and i can see it working.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-08-2021 at 02:14 PM..
Old 07-09-2021, 12:21 AM
Orc

I would vote diety based, thats where I hung my hat last til they closed it. Most populated EQ pvp server to date, bar none. And thats when millions didnt play.
EQ FFA just dies as fast as they are born, red 1.0 is eq ffa, hows it doing?
when eq original ended all the rathe servers and rolled them into rallos ruleset (FFA) how'd that decision go? would you say that decision was made on purpose by Smedley to forseeably end EQ pvp? pretty much.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly believe Teams pvp would get 400+ people on a EQ pvp server.

Hell,. staff can even say "No CSR" and it would be successful.

P99's closed source code is Platinum, it will bring all the hood rats to the scene.
Delusional. Gangsta team pvp box will prove there’s about a population of 40 that would play a teams pvp server in 2021
Old 07-09-2021, 01:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delusional. Gangsta team pvp box will prove there’s about a population of 40 that would play a teams pvp server in 2021
well its hard to argue with your statement cause:
1- you have been on a religious zeal campaign to end this Gangsta guy. I been here a year now, and it's all you post about. He lives in your head rent free, you know that right?
2- its not a P99 game, so not alot of folk are gonna download a non sanctioned P99 server. It's hard enough to convince people its safe to download P99, tbh.
Closed Thread