Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AW HELL NO!
Old 10-22-2021, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now days more and more tv shows, movies are being made from cult books, comics, a ND game, but each time more and more of them just keep the basics of the main source the tittle and little else. The originality and work which turned them into cult classics killed in order to make em fit with the current political agenda.
If you please let me know some upcoming material butchered from the source
Here is the latest case :

Grendel by Matt Wagner.been following this comic since the late 80s . here is brief explanation of the original grendel( as it had many characters following the original steps).
Devil By Deed:The story begins with an extraordinarily gifted boy named Eddie. Because victory in his endeavors comes so easily, it all seems meaningless. In despair, he throws a world-championship fencing match and becomes romantically involved with Jocasta Rose, a trainer twice his age. When Jocasta dies, Eddie leaves behind his life and takes on two new identities: Hunter Rose, successful novelist and socialite, and Grendel, elegant costumed assassin and later crime boss. Grendel is hunted relentlessly by Argent, a several hundred year old Native American man-wolf cursed with a thirst for violence. Argent works with the police in an effort to turn his curse to good.

the comic is brutal sordid ruthless and isnt afraid of nothing from the start wich depict a kid falling in love with a adult women to how he become a monster murder.

Netflix is currently making it with 8 episodes run.and allready broke with all original motivations of the character . turning main character ethnic , and more.is feel free to post so we can avoid watching.

please if u are aware of more stuff and shows like th
For clarity, your complaint is the modern telling of 'Grendel' butchered the classic story (featuring killer character of the aforementioned name), Beowulf?
Old 10-22-2021, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For clarity, your complaint is the modern telling of 'Grendel' butchered the classic story (featuring killer character of the aforementioned name), Beowulf?
That’s who I thought of when I heard the name. We had to read Beowulf when I was in high school for an English class

I liked this scene from the movie, mostly because of the quote: “I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM BEOWULF!”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 10-22-2021, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM BEOWULF!”

Truly a motto to live by.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:49 PM
Banned

Or this one of Grendel just thrashing everybody, swinging dead people into the floor like Hulk:

Old 10-22-2021, 03:00 PM
Banned

I had to read beowulf in high school

was the most boriest shit I ever read
Old 10-22-2021, 03:02 PM
Banned

You're just getting old and kids are being trained to think differently so they new formats and issues stories are updated for just don't jive.

Thankfully u can backup your vhs to multiple raid 5 locations around the world and just act like the prequels were never made.

I for 1 have a super smooth and elastic brain so I am enjoying all the noise.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had to read beowulf in high school

was the most boriest shit I ever read
I honestly don’t remember it too much

Had to read Great Gadsby, hated it

Had to read Grapes of Wrath, hated it mostly because I read almost the entire ginormous book in like a 7 hour session overnight because we had a test on it the next morning

The only book I am glad I was forced to read in high school (had a really cool Creative Writing class teacher when I was a senior) was Adolphus Huxley’s Brave New World. That book written decades ago is going to be our dystopian future
Old 10-22-2021, 03:04 PM
Banned

"The brain starts to fold during fetal development. But some babies develop a rare condition known as lissencephaly. Their brains don't fold properly and remain smooth. This condition can affect a baby's neural function and symptoms can be severe."
Old 10-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No,Grendel is an indie comic form the 1980s by Matt Wagner starting with a character called Hunter Rose as Grendel. The actual series is about a legacy character and exploring how a persona could be used by different people for different purposes (both good and evil) though out history. It doesn't even stick to people putting on masks to fight people, the legacy is much more than that.

Like the poem grendel he is darkness agression and rage, he is a monster wich is only free when he dons the mask, that`s why people nickname him the devil.
He isnt a anti ehroe he isnt a ood boy turned evil he is a narcisitic evil manipulative child later man wich will do anything to get what he wanted .
The tv show just desroyed the origin, the premise and did a total miss cast .
Closed Thread