Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Work on a melee, Hero or BM

mentalist most popular class in hib and 90% of them are worthless, only good for focus pulling groups and no place in real RVR
Kinda sucks to be a tank atm due to crap equipment and whatnot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elds are wanted however, and from my old days in 2003 I remember they were extremely fun in BGs and big boy RVR.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

I may have to resume playing the Mentalist I made first, he's still level 9, cause even though there are so many already playing the class - most don't know what they're doing.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-24-2017, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v4

Scrooge - L14 Mentalist, Hardy (primary) / L14 Eldritch, Spazz
Froldo - L15 Enchanter, Froldo
mrgoochio - L21 Druid, Chengysogood
Tyal - L5+ Druid
Kotopes - L25 Mentalist, Zluka / L13 Eldritch, Littlemouse
Stepper - Blademaster, Bigsteps
Dillian - L8 Enchanter, Cornflake
Kender - L8 Animist, Klyde
chtulu - L9 Enchanter, Nyralathope

I'll keep updating the roster as I get more confirmations of already made chars. Looks like we have 9 confirmed players from these forums so far, and I'm sure we'll find more in-game who are also from P99 but maybe haven't posted in this thread yet. Be sure to tell your friends to post here if they want to be a part of our P99-themed group.

If you're supposed to be on the roster but aren't, just make a post and I'll add you to the next update!

P.S. I'm playing the Mentalist again until we find one that doesn't make me worry! Just got him level 14 last night for some of that awesome POM2 action! Send me a tell in-game if you want to group with us, or post your play times here and we can pre-organize a group.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 01-24-2017, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

scrooge when do you play? we could do some awesome duoing with my pet focus pulling.

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 01-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

i heard of mass people leveling in summoners hall on midgard 35+... what does that mean, and is that like what you're talking about for hibernia Cave Troll?
Old 01-25-2017, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Hit 30 on my druid tonight.. tbh most of the ppl I've seen post their char names in this thread are either taking a break from DAoC or only play once a week. Most of the people on my friends list that were higher lvl than me are now still only around lvl 10-13.

I am not leveling particularly fast either..
Old 01-25-2017, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
scrooge when do you play? we could do some awesome duoing with my pet focus pulling.
I'm usually starting a session around at about 4PM EST, or earlier if the queue lets me in - it's rare but it's been known to happen! Though sometimes I'm on late at night in the EST also if I cannot sleep so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i heard of mass people leveling in summoners hall on midgard 35+... what does that mean, and is that like what you're talking about for hibernia Cave Troll?
Summoner's Hall is the highest level RvR dungeon in the frontiers, the entrance mobs are very tough but give very solid exp also, when I played Midgard last time on this server in 2013, they were doing these open public battlegroups to boost the realm's population for level 50 RvR. It's actually a dungeon within a dungeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got 32 with my ench last night, almost high enough to level in the bog

as a note to anyone low level or considering playing, Hibernia has too many mentalists, druids, bards and enchanters

literally no point at all in making one as you will not get any type of RVR group , we need MELEE
You say there are too many of those classes, and there's no point in making one yet are playing it at the same time? Anyway it doesn't matter how many classes there are, cause not everyone plays at an equal skill level. I rerolled an Eldritch to try out something different, and in all the groups I've been with a Mentalist in it, there was only 1 who knew what they were doing, cause they think all it takes is spamming HoT and buffing POM to play the class, hence why I went back to playing my first char - atleast until we can find a Ment I'm comfortable relying on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hit 30 on my druid tonight.. tbh most of the ppl I've seen post their char names in this thread are either taking a break from DAoC or only play once a week. Most of the people on my friends list that were higher lvl than me are now still only around lvl 10-13.

I am not leveling particularly fast either..
Wtg man! Have you checked out any of the BGs yet?

I'm going at a much slower pace than I normally would because I chose to wait for some of the people to start playing their chars again and some who are just starting up on their first chars. Also trying out some classes I normally do not play, to make a somewhat fresh and interesting experience playing the game.

I'm not really in it for leveling straight to 50 this time around, I just want to game with the people on the roster so we can have our own RvR group by the time we're 50 instead of having to rely on PUGs. Me and Froldo have been going at a rate of 2-3 levels a day when we're both on, but we don't play every single day either - although if the people on the roster will start playing more often, so would we.

Update: Hardy is now a L16 Mentalist and Froldo is a L18 Enchanter.
Last edited by Scrooge; 01-25-2017 at 05:28 AM..
Old 01-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

Boxing is not allowed on the server and I believe it is cause for all of your accounts to be perma banned.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Is anyone here interested in making a Melee-oriented group in Hibernia? To start with we'd have:

Scrooge - Warden
Kyndig - Blademaster

We'd be doing this mainly during US Prime Time, so after 6PM EST.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

i have a lvl 9 hero

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Closed Thread