Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Wow that looks boring...I'm so glad I don't have to do what you're doing.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-05-2017, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Minor update: Hardy, L30 Mentalist + Froldo, L28 Enchanter + Kyndig L32 Blademaster.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 02-05-2017, 03:13 AM
Banned

damn that is one ugly ass game. makes eq look #swag
Old 02-07-2017, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

Had some good RvR action in Caledonia yesterday, got 1L6 and L34 off some Mids!
Old 02-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

I don't really care about things like levels or RPs man, I play for the fun of the RvR itself, and the PvE too when the opportunity presents itself. I've already made some good friends from going to the BG, with whom I know I'll be doing RvR at level 50 also.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
worst game ive ever played.

cant believe i wasted time installing it
it is really awful
Old 02-13-2017, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Many first-timers to EQ say the exact same thing...you need to actually play the game past level 3 to see what it's all about. It's just like if you judge EQ when you're level 1, cause all you'd see are the ancient out-dated graphics. I've always had a much easier time bringing EQ people to DAoC, than the other way around, and once they've experienced what it's like to play with a group like the ones they're used to in EQ, they get to see why DAOC's PvP system is still considered to be the best to this day.

I've started this thread mainly to help DAOC first-timers coming from EQ, get started and actually have a good time playing, but because of the huge amount of players trying to play all at the same time, the queue system made it very hard to maintain a constant group.

Anyway, I've stopped leveling my main char the Mentalist at level 35, cause I'm 1L8 and want to keep having the option to RvR at mid-level rather than grinding non-stop and *maybe* experiencing it at 50. I've made a Warden (Detfree) a few days ago, and I'm enjoying it quite well so far, he's level 12 - if anyone here is starting a new char or already have one around levels 8-14, make a post here and we can form a group. A friend of mine has a level 15 Valewalker he's been grouping with me, and we're making friends from nearly every group we make. Also, from what I've seen the battlegrounds are becoming more and more active now, especially Thidranki (levels 20-24) and Caledonia (levels 30-35), so that's currently our destination with the melee/hybrid chars we've made!

My friend also happens to be a Weaponcrafter, so if you're playing a melee at lower levels, he can make you something way better than any drops you can get at those levels.
Last edited by Scrooge; 02-13-2017 at 09:20 AM..
Old 02-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing like actually leveling off of RvR!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

DAoC is awesome and the RvR is really solid.

Approaching level 50 just hit 47 last night. Can't wait to smash Hibbies.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many first-timers to EQ say the exact same thing...you need to actually play the game past level 3 to see what it's all about. It's just like if you judge EQ when you're level 1, cause all you'd see are the ancient out-dated graphics. I've always had a much easier time bringing EQ people to DAoC, than the other way around, and once they've experienced what it's like to play with a group like the ones they're used to in EQ, they get to see why DAOC's PvP system is still considered to be the best to this day.

I've started this thread mainly to help DAOC first-timers coming from EQ, get started and actually have a good time playing, but because of the huge amount of players trying to play all at the same time, the queue system made it very hard to maintain a constant group.

Anyway, I've stopped leveling my main char the Mentalist at level 35, cause I'm 1L8 and want to keep having the option to RvR at mid-level rather than grinding non-stop and *maybe* experiencing it at 50. I've made a Warden (Detfree) a few days ago, and I'm enjoying it quite well so far, he's level 12 - if anyone here is starting a new char or already have one around levels 8-14, make a post here and we can form a group. A friend of mine has a level 15 Valewalker he's been grouping with me, and we're making friends from nearly every group we make. Also, from what I've seen the battlegrounds are becoming more and more active now, especially Thidranki (levels 20-24) and Caledonia (levels 30-35), so that's currently our destination with the melee/hybrid chars we've made!

My friend also happens to be a Weaponcrafter, so if you're playing a melee at lower levels, he can make you something way better than any drops you can get at those levels.
I played it to level cap, it sucks. did not read most of this
Closed Thread