Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ask a valued member of any top guild to help you. I doubt they will throw their e-cred away over a couple thousand platinum by scamming you. Any member of Aftermath will do it if they aren't AFK or busy.

But gems hold 90-95% of their value when resold, so yes you can drop transfer, but my original idea is far better.
Dannyl speaks the truth. I would trust pretty much any member of any major guild for any low value (less than 10k) transfer.

For transfers of higher value I rely on friends and guildies just because that’s what they are there for. I’ve transferred and held items worth hundreds of thousands of plat. Ruining my reputation is not worth puppet strings as far as I’m concerned.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

If I don't have a guildie near by I call "dial a port". I trust them. I don't like the union mentality but I trust em.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kittens Who Say Meow and (most) Dial A Port members can be counted on for transfers. Never had an issue asking any of them for help with transferring even high value items or large sums of plat.
Can confirm I've borrowed a Kittens member for a 20k transfer in the past, straight up good cats.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

Tink Bags resell to vendors for 4940ish pp and cost about 5040 from sol A so they're a solid option and you generally want a bunch on alts anyway. Sapphires are convenient for transferring to cap bots since they vendor for close to the price of recharging it.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineubis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just don't buy a Lapis Luzil.... I made that mistake in Oasis trying to change up some coin. Bought one for ~40pp or something.... got like 1gp back..... DOH!
That sounds more like a plains pebble.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:55 AM
Large Rat

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buy gems, all storebought gems generally gave a good transfer rate. I been using Sapphires for years because reasons
find secluded place to transfer
Bring target alt to location first
Then bring gem holder to location after making sure you were not followed, see invis, constant /whoing psyching out potential people you might have missed by standing up at 25 seconds and do another scan of the area then say fuck it and move both of your characters to ERudin crossing and you pick the farthest corner of the zone from the boats and wait until 5 or 6 in the morning (eastern time)
Old 11-30-2018, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Any high level geared char from a know guild is safe for transfer...
Old 11-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's a gem someone sold to a vendor that doesn't normally stock it, then they're generally much more expensive. Stick to vendors that actually stock these items and you'll get a consistent price.

-Mcoy
Old 11-30-2018, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

I use Rubies(https://wiki.project1999.com/Ruby) for major swaps, Peridots(https://wiki.project1999.com/Peridot) for simple hand-offs of plat to my alts. Only concern, as I found with my Ogre ShadowKnight, is that shitty faction/charisma will net you much less value per gem.

Items I have Drop Transferred:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bioluminescent_Orb

https://wiki.project1999.com/Runed_Bolster_Belt

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shield_of_the_Water_Dragon

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tolan%2...od_Breastplate

There is no worry and no threat. Just pick a secluded spot, have both characters camped at nearly the same /loc, and REFRESH YOUR LOGIN SESSION by computer restart before beginning.

I'd drop transfer a Fungi this way if i had one. Foolproof unless the power goes out out in your house in between character swap, in which case Zeus hates you and wants you to suffer.
Last edited by Feanol; 11-30-2018 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a Lambent Stone to me. Looks like an expensive blue gem, merchants sell high, but buy from players low.