Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Kobold

Default Ranger Solo (Loot) Camping

How viable is it at higher levels for Rangers to solo camp mobs for specific gear items? I'm thinking in zones like Droga, LGuk, etc. Never got one to higher levels and am wondering if I'd need to get some significantly better than average gear to do it (no Fungi, crazy expensive haste items, etc)

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Well, indoor zones will be a pain in the ass if you're trying to camp anything that won't come solo, unless you're talking about an animal so can still use Calm Animal to prevent it from adding. Because then you're talking about rootparking adds, which gets even more complicated because then you're talking about rootparking adds around corners while eating a bunch of nukes. Eventually your SoW will run out, making escape even more difficult if things get dicey. Definitely keep some CT gate potions or similar ready to click.

Without knowing specific mobs/camps, that's all I can really say. Obviously you'll want as many tools in your arsenal as you can get... haste, sky cloak, Earthcaller/Swarmcaller, etc.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

I think some of the cycles are good for a Ranger. I'd think a 60 Ranger could do the one in TT, but I've never actually done it so take that with several grains of salt.

And of course there's always the Treasure Hunting Guide (link in signature), but it's more of a general purpose list of ideas; it's not specific to Rangers in any way.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve died at King camp in Lguk and never did break it, but I think I could have. Frenzy was pretty easy. I used solo seahorse patriarch. Pretty much anything green at 60 is ranger fodder, lv 1-45 mobs. Blues are doable, too, with effort. 51+ mobs are suicide.

Forager is absolutely doable for rangers. I leveled a good bit of 59 there on mine. The camp is a gear check though and there’s a learning curve for the cycle and how to safely pull it. Also, named lv 50 wizards with really good loot hurt.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-05-2019 at 09:42 PM..
Old 02-05-2019, 11:36 PM
Kobold

Good to know. Thanks for the responses! Perhaps I'll stick to my other toons for those tougher camps
Old 02-06-2019, 01:07 AM
Fire Giant

What do you currently have available that's worthy of note? Either epic? Fungi? Haste Cloak? Are you doing this with full buffs?

Answer these, and I can provide some clues as to what soloable content is available to you.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 02-06-2019, 05:42 AM
Fire Giant

You might be able to do this:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Frontier...in_Named_Cycle
Old 02-08-2019, 05:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think some of the cycles are good for a Ranger. I'd think a 60 Ranger could do the one in TT, but I've never actually done it so take that with several grains of salt.

And of course there's always the Treasure Hunting Guide (link in signature), but it's more of a general purpose list of ideas; it's not specific to Rangers in any way.
I do the Trakanon's Teeth cycle Solo on a 60 Ranger w/ epics. Recent Dark Cloak of the Sky haste made it child's play.

Iksar BP, Sabertooth Necklace, Iksar Illusion Mask, Silken Cat Girdle...

Go full buffs like Imago said.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Banned

solo Kc Tranq staff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2019, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
solo Kc Tranq staff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sometimes head to KC on my ranger to kill knights of sathir with a friend. If you do go there /anon, otherwise a bunch of mad monks will see a 60 ranger in zone and start sending hate tells coz they assume/believe you are there to snipe 'their' tstaff warlord!
Closed Thread