Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Aviak

If it helps any, I have had zero problems with simply copying my original install and pasting it with beta appended to file (pretty much how elethia described it) then creating a new shortcut for it. Might be that SS's are going to same place as original install but havent looked yet. It doesnt take long to do honestly, faster and if it doesnt work then you could try a fresh install anyway.

bigger problems been lack of ppl to try more casual content imo usually only 1 or 2 ppl on outside of raid tests. also corpse loot/death have all seemed normal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] deleveled a character or two oops
Last edited by leezard; 05-28-2014 at 04:11 PM..
Old 05-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

I did exactly that, Ele, without any luck.

Then I tried again today, and it worked. <curses the computer gods>
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 05-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did exactly that, Ele, without any luck.

Then I tried again today, and it worked. <curses the computer gods>
I had to copy my folder twice on two different computers because it would crash after server select before bringing up the character select, but eventually it worked properly. /shrug

Glad you got yours working.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default File Issues

I have absolutely no idea if this is even close to right place to be posting problems with the files that are needed to run P99.

For a few weeks (or possibly a few months, which is much more likely) whenever I try and log into the servers and get to the character screen, it tells me that my spell files are outdated.
Ok, I have no problem in updating them but I had no idea where to find the correct files. Well, after a bit of adding files (from the beta because I'm not very savvy with this site) it now tells me that even the main files are incorrect.

Can someone please tell me the correct files? I am close to deleting P99 and reinstalling it. If someone can give me all the correct files that should be listed in the P99 folder(s) that would be even better because I really no idea what I re-copied wrong.

Thanks for any assistance you guys can provide!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Developer

1) Reinstall

2) Folder merges cause problems for me, so add "backup" or "bak" to the end of the name for Resources, Spelleffects and uifiles folders in your main everquest folder. (ex. uifilesbackup)

3) Make a copy and name the game folder Blue

4) Make another copy and rename it Beta

5) For beta folder only: Download and extract http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files-Beta.zip into your beta game folder

6) For Blue folder only: Go through the installation procedures (Step 3 and 4) here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
Old 06-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Banned

spell files outdated even with velious patch and reinstall dunno, could this be the reason no one plays lol?
Old 06-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Dain and yelinak still not up
Old 07-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spell files outdated even with velious patch and reinstall dunno, could this be the reason no one plays lol?
I have the same problem. Fresh install + velious patch. Was looking forward to breaking things.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hynch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the same problem. Fresh install + velious patch. Was looking forward to breaking things.
I don't think you need the Velious patch stuff anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the latest patch, the files should now be the same between pve/pvp and beta.

Issues people had should be resolved.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Aviak

Thanks Vega, I wasn't aware the patches were merged.