Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually he said "Enchanter charm", so I don't think he was referring to Whirl - although I have no problem with Whirl getting nerfed (even though I have an enchanter). I think the silliness of this is that he claims that his class is unfairly nerfed, yet won't even bug report the nerfs he thinks should happen for mages/enchanters. By all means, try to get Whirl nerfed if you think it's classic - I just think that doing so with strong evidence and a good attitude in the Bugs forum is a lot more productive than what Alawen is doing. Basically, there's no reason it won't get changed if you can provide enough good evidence.

I also think Ravhin is totally right.
So he did. Still. It's not like they didn't know since launch. At least I am pretty sure they did.. Lets make sure quick.

k done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been saying since prior to launch that it was a random duration. I never played an enchanter and never really grouped with one, but my point of reference is the Tranquil Staff.

[...]
Starting to see the fairness issue and why this is boiling over into Server Chat? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pets are not supposed to all tank like earth and damage like fire.

Planar focus items are supposed to be a big deal, not be the same as Sol Ro.

Enchanter charm is supposed to break.

Solo enchanters with hasted, weaponed pets are supposed to die when it breaks about half the time. Two resists was usually too many.
Focus items are what I researched and made a bug report in order to get them changed. Originally they were exactly the same between sol ro ones and planar ones (and all of them much more powerful than they should have been). This was changed to have planar ones more powerful than sol ro ones, and a nerf to all of them in general months ago (unless something changed again?).

Your other stuff is likely to be true. Do you think the developers should just make up some new values for charm breakage etc that they 'feel' is more like classic? Or should they keep with their current policy of changing things when evidence is provided?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Focus items are what I researched and made a bug report in order to get them changed. Originally they were exactly the same between sol ro ones and planar ones (and all of them much more powerful than they should have been). This was changed to have planar ones more powerful than sol ro ones, and a nerf to all of them in general months ago (unless something changed again?).

Your other stuff is likely to be true. Do you think the developers should just make up some new values for charm breakage etc that they 'feel' is more like classic? Or should they keep with their current policy of changing things when evidence is provided?
No, robes should continue to dominate every money camp throughout the entire duration of this server. I honestly don't care much. My original question was mostly facetious and/or disgusted. My spring break is over today and I'll be back to playing a couple hours a week until summer. All I do with my druid is farm low level junk and buff lowbies in the tunnel.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Aviak

Ok THIS is the post I was looking for. It really takes the cake.

Posted 11-06-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are going to be nerfing it. We are still discussing how exactly but expect it to be similar to what has been reported thus far. We will keep you guys posted.
That was over a year ago and never happened. You can tell by checking posts #27 and #28 dated 11-06-2009, 03:20 PM and 11-29-2010, 07:28 AM. The thread posted in 2009 lay abandoned for over a year right there.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=601
Old 03-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

In their defense, a lot of the devs in that thread aren't as active as they used to be (at least they don't seem to be). Additionally, (as you can see from the thread) they weren't clear on when it should be nerfed in the timeline and what the most appropriate fix would be. Nerfing druids was easy so that's probably why it was done sooner - it just meant changing some values, like "spell x has to have duration y instead of duration z". I'm glad you at least did the mature thing and bumped the thread. The only really productive thing you can do to get whirl changed, is to keep providing evidence and keep posting in that thread.

Basically, if something isn't changed for a while there's no reason it should spill into server chat or turn into some big protest. The devs don't have any sinister reason for keeping certain classes overpowered or for preferencing any class over another. There's almost always a reasonable explanation for why class X got nerfed and class Y didn't. Just try to understand this from their perspective.

I basically agree with what yaaaflow says at the end of his post. I don't think they should change things based on hunches and anecdotal evidence.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Kobold

At least druids are useful in raids. I played a mage back in the day and it was a great class until I realized how utterly useless they were in raids. Promptly switched to a monk so at least I could pull for raids.

As far as the pets go the only decent pet was earth the rest died too fast but I've noticed a lot of people being able to use fire as a solo tank pet. I know for a fact thats not how it was before and it should be changed if they are going for a classic feel.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

This was an interesting patch in 1999 =D

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19990913.html

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 03-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least druids are useful in raids. I played a mage back in the day and it was a great class until I realized how utterly useless they were in raids. Promptly switched to a monk so at least I could pull for raids.

As far as the pets go the only decent pet was earth the rest died too fast but I've noticed a lot of people being able to use fire as a solo tank pet. I know for a fact thats not how it was before and it should be changed if they are going for a classic feel.

LOL, i guess folks do need regen and sln ! fun times.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 03-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Mages are very useful on raids and druids are almost worthless

L2Play Everquest
Old 03-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages are very useful on raids and druids are almost worthless

L2Play Everquest
Thats funny as I recall mage spells had a very hard time landing on bosses and were next to nothing as to what a wizard would do. Maybe spell resistance is different on this server but live during kunark era mages were worth jack shit in raids.

oh! They could always summon us up some water in between fights we always needed a water boy.
Last edited by mcy; 03-13-2011 at 07:01 PM..
Closed Thread