Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people who called furoar a cheater when he was in Riot are now defending him and the people who used to defend him when he was in Riot are now calling him a cheater.

Yes that is how RnF works. You solved it.
pretty much this.

but also slightly not this because unfounded allegations about autofire or pixel detection software for coth racing, vs. proven account hijacking and training, are two different things.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only person I have ever heard of getting permanently banned from playing on p99 is Alleriah... Who was busted 2x for RMT.

Considering first offense for intentionally training is usually 1 week, probably 1 month for a raid offense (I can't remember how much time Riptoes got but I think it was a month?), and boxing offenses is usually a 2 week ban as a first offense and perma ban of the accounts for a second offense.... Punishment seems right in line. And we're raid suspended for a week.

Guy had a moment of weakness, no doubt due to Riot's inability to admit a mistake. I'm just saying this scenario feels a little different than the other instances of this happening that I remember.

Riptoes was a retard who was mad we we're losing, and trained vulak on purpose in the Riot vs AM days. Nobody thought he was cool for doing it. Nobody wanted him to do it. Nobody thought Riot was cheating. Just a berg doing berg things. It was kind of funny in retrospect.

Lordbob? Hyjal?(correct if wrong) did the same thing.... again over a Vulak. That was sheer anger that we kept winning the big mobs. I can't remember if there was a specific reason he logged one of our bots and did that, other than anger. This was AW vs AM days. I don't think it was a "They're wrong and wont admit they are wrong, so i'm going to fuck them" scenario, but....... it was kind of funny in retrospect.

Fur did this at a Koi. He was frustrated that Riot absolutely refuses to admit any fault, with any scenario. Reading the UN is kind of ridiculous. "Lmao nahh not even". IDK. It's hard to weigh in about it without considering bias. Of course I think that about Riot, i'm on the other side of them. It really feels as though the 3 week mandatory talk about it break..... did absolutely nothing. For real, what positives have came from this shit? We still cannot talk reasonably about raid disputes, we still are at an impasse on things that should be a no brainer......... such as racer limits, and turning doze into a foot race. Furoar isn't a berg like some of you are. I've witnessed patience in some absolutely outrageous situations in game. This was a case of someones frustration boiling over. And i'm giving Riot a little bit of fault into it. maybe 15%. Obviously it was dumb as shit and he shouldn't have done it ............................. but i'm sure a year from now, in retrospect, this will be kind of funny. It's kind of funny now.

Let's stop trying to stick it to each other. 20 years from now, this box will still exist. And a third of the main healers and main tanks will be dead from old age. On a long enough timeline, this server will probably become a one guild ordeal, so let's stop pretending.

@Riot leaders, there are a few disputes going on now. We all can see in the UN. Instead of acting like little weirdos about the information you do or do not have, JUST SHOW IT. Make us look stupid. Make us look like everything we're saying we are frustrated about it completely wrong, and it's a matter of pixel sickness. Because as it sits now, it just seems as though the strategy to deal with raid disputes is indifference. "We conducted a review on our side and you're wrong" doesn't fit. I read something everyyyy day it feels like that completely conflicts with things previously said when concessions were asked. THE MAIN CULPRIT being the scenario in which we had to concede two vulaks after our very first vulak kill..... because a mob popped and RNG'd one of our players while you were engaged with lord feshlak.

IDK bois, i hardly have time to play right now, but some of ya'll need to relax.
Jesus Christ.

The mental gymnastics here to excuse Furoar's behavior is hilarious and terrifying.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:42 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot training Frag on Doze or Koi and refusing to concede is equally scummy

Get off your high elf-sim high horse
But it is interesting that frag was at koi when furor trained people, but only fr got ban and not frag.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasterol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the same people calling furoar a cheater before he was freedom an was AG/riot beatin AM...now there defending his actions lol...we get it furoar is ur daddy right now an AG is nothing without freedom....but to justify him loggin in another toon to train them? we all know he boxes an got away with it for so long he thought he could do it again...lied to GM's...but still people find its justified lol.....

Funnily enough, when I was pretty convinced Furoar was cheating, I looked in to it. I sync'd up one of his runs that he completely smoked everybody else is on one monitor for a start time reference, and basically ghost moded his runs. What I found was that his runs were very beatable, and that I could reliably beat that particular run 90% of the time.

But that didn't answer the question as to why, when he was running through the courtyard into where Vindi spawns, it seemed as though he was going MUCH faster than everyone else. Like 1.5x faster than everyone else briefly. I didn't get an answer to that, but I eventually think I found one. It's because of the servers tic rate, and it's ability to update exactly where a player is. What happened was he was a lot further ahead than it looked like from our side, and him speeding up was a result of the server catching up.

This was further proven a few months ago when Lenard starting winning races. The same thing happened, and a lot of people were up in arms about it. I immediately defended Lennard as i've already been down this route. And come to find out, what he did was a very nifty illusion switch to gain a couple steps around pillars. And the same thing happened. It looked like he started moving way faster than everyone else. And I immediately made sure to make my point about this as soon as people were up in arms about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AM was forced into removing Riptoes from guild to mitigate the suspension. Which ended up being a week anyways - the same as what was given to Freedom. Whereas Furoar gets to stay in Freedom. Why should a guild leader be treated differently than a member?
Riptoes and Furoar are definitely not a 1:1 comparison. Yes, the implication of a guild leader doing this is much worse than Riptoes, who was a fairly new raider on the server. However, in my opinion, Riptoes doing that was pretty in character with who he was as a p99 player. Furoar was a former raid leader/#1 play maker with riot for over a year. I don't think Fur had a reputation as a guy who trains. It seems to me like this was a situation that has been brewing for years at that point. And it finally boiled over. Another big difference is Furoar has a whole guild who knows that he fucked up but still has his back. Barely anybody knew who Riptoes even was. I legit heard of the guy like a few days before he did that shit, and from what I met, I didn't like.

But at the end of the day, we all know my 4%RA ass is in here doing mental gymnastics because muh pixels.

Idk guys. I'm pretty critical of my friends/guild members. It's almost my schtick. Ask Venice, i made the poor guy quit dota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] because i was so mean about how fuckin bad he was. I'm well aware how easy my point of view will be dismissed because of my affiliation, but I really do try to look at things from both sides.

I was REALLY surprised Fur did that shit. For real. I don't think that's really like him. That's my dawg, but i've been so busy I haven't even spoken a word to him about it. My opinion of this is brought directly to RNF for all of your enjoyment.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Fuckin gross.. All of this is gross...
Old 11-30-2020, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

So basically, punishment should depend on how likeable someone is rather than the facts of what happened.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stuff
What you just posted here is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading your posts is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
@Riot leaders, there are a few disputes going on now. We all can see in the UN. Instead of acting like little weirdos about the information you do or do not have, JUST SHOW IT. Make us look stupid. Make us look like everything we're saying we are frustrated about it completely wrong, and it's a matter of pixel sickness. Because as it sits now, it just seems as though the strategy to deal with raid disputes is indifference. "We conducted a review on our side and you're wrong" doesn't fit.
There will be a counter argument, and it's not going to be originally posted in RnF.
You will have an opportunity to get your elf drama fix in when it's posted, so hang tight.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Also: I agree with Twochain that Furoars "Loststalker" train is "kind of funny".
It's created some of the most hilarious Koi raids, memes, and vids yet.

That said, if the Evil Lord Arcler did this same act... bet your ass people would be calling for account deletion and eternal damnation back to hell.

Riot is mostly pissed because Furoar got our Bots banned and he can obviously still play EQ behind a VPN. Fine, let Furoar play (he provides competition)... but please give us our bots back.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

I once caught a week suspension for walking through goblin fort in Warslik Woods.

Times certainly have changed. Maybe I should have donated more.
Closed Thread