Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry but to say people didn't know how to play the class in Era is a load of crap.
Yes, this is provably false but a favorite distraction of the Enchanter defenders. There are tons of 1999 posts about people knowing exactly how to play Enchanter. They knew about CHA, mez to break, all the same stuff. The problem was it just didn't work like it does here. It was buggy, channeling was difficult, etc.

All of this is already proven. Evidence provided. Staff doesn't care. It's a moot point. Channeling on P99 is so ridiculously stupidly broken but the staff won't even say a peep about the evidence on this. Makes literally everything in this game 10x easier than it should be on P99.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:54 PM
Banned

Everquest Arcade 1999
Old 05-11-2021, 09:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2021, 09:24 PM
Banned

I also don't think Monks were as tanky 20 years ago. Now keep in mind I mained a Monk named Zerazia, and a Rogue named Tajin... at no point did I ever feel like my Monk was a tank.. I could kind of tank on my monk... but I could also kind of tank on my Rogue by this same standard...

When I hit 50s the reason I chose to play my Rogue over my Monk was that they were both essentially melee DPS, but my Rogue did WAY MORE Dps than my monk... again I didn't consider my monk to be a tank... no one did really..

flash forward 20 years later and I come to p99 and Bebquix basically tanked for my cleric from level 8 all the way to level 50... like man I really dont remember monks being this tanky.. and my monk had pretty much BIS everything and was a super twink.. froglok crown, gator scale leggings, granite bracers, treant fists etc. the whole nine yards. Bebquix was running around in cloth armor tanking the fuck out of shit and I don't remember monks being that gangster, I really don't.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:29 PM
Banned

i just googled this, apparently i aint the only one who noticed this

like had a monk, had a rogue.. neither could tank, rogue did more dps

mained rogue
Old 05-12-2021, 01:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fake news as hell. I’ve never seen the skill level of some of the top enchanters replicated on p99. Even the enchanter I duo’d all the way to 50 with when green was new felt mechanically bad and he even he would tell you that. Yet he effortlessly breezed through the game because of how op charm on p99 is.

I do remember some of the best enchanters in the entire game doing cool stuff with charm that most people thought was amazing, but it wasn’t consistent or reliable and was no small feat at the time. I remember witnessing some of this and how tense it was.

I also vividly remember that the enchanters who used charm almost always had to let the mob die ASAP because once charm broke you would NOT be able to re charm the same mob. I think this was by design and for balance. It was not normal to keep the same pet for hours.

I also vividly remember an enchanter using charm in our group, and being chaotic neutral it made me lol. I knew I wouldn’t be the person to die when charm broke, so I didn’t care. Our tank/pulled raised absolute hell when he saw that our enchanter had charmed a drolvarg inside of KC. But again, I was chaotic neutral and I was like wow this is fun and the dps is crazy, I don’t care that our enc and cleric are about to die! Enchanter assures tank it’s safe. Tank goes to pull, charm breaks, enc and cleric both die while I run to the zone. Tank dies because he pulls several mobs to discover his group is wiped. I laugh the entire time.

I vividly remember this. Groups did NOT use charmed mobs for a reason.

100% on point. This is how classic eq was.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:40 AM
Banned

Yep nerf monks, nerf chanters. Gg.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, this is provably false but a favorite distraction of the Enchanter defenders. There are tons of 1999 posts about people knowing exactly how to play Enchanter. They knew about CHA, mez to break, all the same stuff. The problem was it just didn't work like it does here. It was buggy, channeling was difficult, etc.

All of this is already proven. Evidence provided. Staff doesn't care. It's a moot point. Channeling on P99 is so ridiculously stupidly broken but the staff won't even say a peep about the evidence on this. Makes literally everything in this game 10x easier than it should be on P99.
The only actual evidence that has been provided is about channeling. The other “evidence” are random player posts from 20+ years ago that are contradicted by other player posts and guides (including one in era player written guide that calls Charm the most powerful spell enchanters have and details how to charm solo). Honestly the biggest difference is simply technology; the game was very laggy unless you had a great computer (which most people didnt) and Internet disconnects were extremely frequent (btw the latter helped to influence the “camping” meta that arose because groups didn’t want to move through a dungeon and have people go LD).

Btw where’s that treatise you told all of us you were writing with actual evidence that was gonna prove how charm isn’t classic? Lol loser
Old 05-12-2021, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep nerf monks, nerf chanters. Gg.
Mob attack values are too low. Or maybe the by level worn AC caps are too high. Either way, they should be rolling higher damage against silk tier armour. It's been far too easy to mitigate damage on my 'soft' alts.

I know the staff adjusted the AC system previously - and that was a good step - but it still doesn't feel quite right.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-12-2021, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only actual evidence that has been provided is about channeling. The other “evidence” are random player posts from 20+ years ago that are contradicted by other player posts and guides (including one in era player written guide that calls Charm the most powerful spell enchanters have and details how to charm solo). Honestly the biggest difference is simply technology; the game was very laggy unless you had a great computer (which most people didnt) and Internet disconnects were extremely frequent (btw the latter helped to influence the “camping” meta that arose because groups didn’t want to move through a dungeon and have people go LD).

Btw where’s that treatise you told all of us you were writing with actual evidence that was gonna prove how charm isn’t classic? Lol loser
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
99% of us know what random posts were accurate and don't care how easy the game is. So we know it was harder and that it took full groups to reliably do anything outside of killing greens in the open sky world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mob attack values are too low. Or maybe the by level worn AC caps are too high. Either way, they should be rolling higher damage against silk tier armour. It's been far too easy to mitigate damage on my 'soft' alts.

I know the staff adjusted the AC system previously - and that was a good step - but it still doesn't feel quite right.
Yeah, my wizard couldn't tank anything higher than lvl 20 on live even with twink ac and agi.

It was definitely a step in the right direction.

Don't forget melee survivability came a lot from dodge, block, parry, riposte. Those skills are all renormalized towards pop progression.

Rogues should be getting hit harder and have the potential to dodge, post, parry 6 attacks in a row and get a bind wound off, it was a tricky feat, but seen it done in VANILLA, first hand at lvl 35 is. Probably 34. Vs aviaks, it was a big brag with screenshots and everything.

Mobs should hit for max/ high dmg way more and land hits way more often, and dodge, parry, riposte should come into play with way more.

Making it really hard to survive a lvl 40 mob agro on clothies. That and certain mobs should have higher mr.

Fast cast root at high lvl 1.5 seconds vs the standard 2.0 seconds exists for a reason.
Closed Thread