Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Default TMO or FE, which to choose?

First of all, I would like to mention that I'm a member of neither TMO nor FE. I am a a proud member of "Dark Ascension" and answer to only my dear leader, Wobble.

So, you just dinged 60 or are grinding your last few levels before hitting lvl 60 and you are thinking to yourself, which guild should I choose to raid with?

On the one hand, there is TMO, which has been dominating the raid scene for more than a year now. On the other, there is the up and comer FE, who is hungry for loot and is gaining ground at a rapid pace on the long uncontested TMO. There is also BDA, but really, who wants to be guilded with Anthrax AND Chest? ...yeah me neither

Loot:

The main problem with FE is that they have alot of mouths to feed. It could take you months to get the loot you so desire and there are alot of people to compete with that will play endless hours to get it first. Most FE members don't have their kunark breastplate and leggings, and no VP loot whatsoever. The loot distribution seems to create some issues at time where epic pieces are awarded to "friends of the leadership", which is understandable considering a rare epic piece can take a very long time to get in FE. Some members are frustrated about this situation and drama can sometimes ensue.

On that front, TMO has been farming kunark for so long that most members have multiple characters with their whole kunark sets and VP loots. Epics are being banked and new apps can usually get a banked MQ for their rare epic in a few weeks after being made full members. Members get the Phara dar loot very quickly also, because most of the hardcore players already have it all.

I've heard of a member getting 2 pieces of PD loot in less than a month even sometimes.

The way loot is being distributed in TMO could rub some the wrong way sometimes, as old inactive members will get loot before hungry new and active players, but overall, you will get your loot much faster in TMO.

Longevity:

Like I said earlier, TMO has been around for a very long time. They have fought against a few guilds, namely TR, IB, VD and BDA. Their hardcore member base is not as hungry as they used to be and the leadership has been very careful about passing leadership roles to new and hungry players. They have had trouble fielding numbers at times and it has made them loose targets because of it.

Raid leadership is not as strong as it used to be because the more vocal players who used to lead have moved on from the game or are not as active as they used to be. If you want an example of poor raid leadership, I invite you to watch the Trakanon fraps that has been going around in the past few days.

If TMO wants to survive, and I'm sure they can, they will have to take care of those issues. They will need to pass on those leadership roles (especially regarding raid leading) to those new peoples who want to take the responsibility of making TMO the dominating force it once was.

FE is brand new, they had a rough start, but they did not give up and are now getting 50% of the targets outside of VP, if not more. This motivated their members big time because they feel that they can get the top position if they keep it up, which I am sure they can. Their members track alot, their /who list is always cut short and they field much better numbers than TMO at all hours.

In conclusion, you should choose to join Dark Ascension, chill out with Wobble and Perun in VP, train both guilds and laugh it off as they are trying to get them precious pixels!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumdumm4.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl:dr
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Banned

What the hell is wrong with OP?

Nobody is going to read that
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Banned

Didn't Fazlazn boot a ton of people for not poopsocking Trak and instead chosing to XP somewhere else in Seb? Wasn't that the last straw for DA?

I think he may have aspbergers after writing this novel, can someone confirm/deny?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47shadesofgay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't Fazlazn boot a ton of people for not poopsocking Trak and instead chosing to XP somewhere else in Seb? Wasn't that the last straw for DA?

I think he may have aspbergers after writing this novel, can someone confirm/deny?
You're thinking of Acarer, and you're also thinking of Fusion. I don't do poosocking.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

When did this guy leave TMO?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47shadesofgay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the hell is wrong with OP?

Nobody is going to read that
P99 bores me, give me a break...
Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is also BDA, but really, who wants to be guilded with Anthrax AND Chest? ...yeah me neither
Hilarious comment coming from someone with a reputation as one of the dirtiest assholes ever to play on the server. Anthrax is a ornery old bastard though... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did this guy leave TMO?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Wudan
Closed Thread