Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Default 'Looking For Guild' threads futile?

I ask this because most of the 'looking for guild' posts have no replies at all. Maybe they get PMs from guild masters but I doubt it.
Jezhir - Iksar Shadow Knight - Blue
Old 04-14-2015, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think those threads get much, if any, response. As I've advised people in several of those threads, your best bet is to:
  1. visit the guilds wiki page
  2. compare the guilds listed there (I've crammed as much information as possible in to a single table)
  3. once you've identified 2-3 that sound appropriate to you, learn more by visiting their guild forum thread and/or webpage (both of which are linked on the wiki)
  4. once you've settled on a guild find their list of recruiters (on the wiki page or the guild's thread) and contact one of them, either here via PM or in-game via /tell
  5. the recruiter will have the latest info on what classes/levels the guild needs, and what their application process is
  6. apply! if you are rejected go back to step #1 and repeat (though that should be rare, especially if you do all the research I mentioned first)

Hope that helps.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say play with people in game to get an idea of whether or not you think you would fit in with their guild.

The guild section of the forums does advertise most of the guilds, but most of the posts are purely positive propaganda that focus solely on each guilds' successes.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say play with people in game to get an idea of whether or not you think you would fit in with their guild.
Also an excellent suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guild section of the forums does advertise most of the guilds, but most of the posts are purely positive propaganda that focus solely on each guilds' successes.
While that's certainly true of the forum, I've tried to limit the wiki page to neutral information only, so while it's not perfect it's a great place to see an overview of the server's guilds (if you can't find a cool guild to join by grouping with people).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

I frequently send a private tell to anyone that uses the word "casual" in their LFG post.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

If you're a new player I would look into Dark Winter, Kittens who say Meow, or Riddle. I'm not a member of any of them, but I've grouped with a lot of them and many seem like cool folks, and they all have a pretty large roster as far as I am aware.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're a new player I would look into Dark Winter, Kittens who say Meow, or Riddle. I'm not a member of any of them, but I've grouped with a lot of them and many seem like cool folks, and they all have a pretty large roster as far as I am aware.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

I say get into ANY guild. Its better than none. You are Always allowed to quit that guild.

You meet a lot of long time friends in a Guild and helps level, get gear, and just to have someone to talk to even if you are soloing. Hard to beat a Good guild. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Kobold

lone wolf for life
Old 04-16-2015, 04:18 AM
Sarnak

People that post those threads are one or more of three things.

1] Too lazy to bother looking at the actual Guild threads.
2] Have a false sense of self worth.
3] Stupid.
Closed Thread