Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Instead of getting the rich to pay for the poor (that wasn't working) we're going to just raise the poors income to match the middle class's but to pay for it we'll keep the middle class salaries the same.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

They already deny smokers or alcoholics liver and lung transplants. They restrict medical procedures all the time unless people change their behavior.

If someone gets a transplant and they are unvaccinated, they could easily die from infection due to the immunosuppressing drugs they must take. Thats a wasted transplant if they do. Therefore, like always, transplants go to those most likely to benefit and sustain them.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of getting the rich to pay for the poor (that wasn't working) we're going to just raise the poors income to match the middle class's but to pay for it we'll keep the middle class salaries the same.
Its never been done here in America so Im not sure how you can say its not working. It works in other countries just fine. Just like nationalized healthcare.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They want to be in power forever, they have no regard for the concept of checks and balances at all.
And how do you explain January 6th and the Big Lie?
Old 10-06-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apples and oranges. Debt limit is for past spending.
There is a solution to the democrats problem called reconciliation (which is bs anyways but everyones been doing it since obama so whatever) but moderate and progressives can't agree so they are trying to spin this on republicans.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or the GOP administration before that which started two pointless foreign occupations?

McConnell is trying to tank the country's economy for a bit of leverage, and you dumbasses could care less.
Congress voted for that and Pelosi and pals made just as much money off of it as the republicans.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a solution to the democrats problem called reconciliation (which is bs anyways but everyones been doing it since obama so whatever) but moderate and progressives can't agree so they are trying to spin this on republicans.
Now we're getting somewhere! I dunno how they're getting to use it twice this year, I guess the parliamentarian said it was ok so that makes it ok?

Anyway 1 bill a year by simple majority, this is why both fringes think their team are incompetent and ineffective boobs.

1974 btw I googled it for ya
Old 10-06-2021, 02:23 PM
Banned

Yah, organ transplants are one of the few medical decisions where your past choices are taken into consideration. You won’t get a new organ if you destroyed yours with illegal drug use. I mean you technically can’t be denied, but you will be on the bottom of the donor list

Either way, this isn’t as clear cut as illegal drug use, so expect a lawsuit to be incoming. Hope they got that liability insurance money ready
Old 10-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now we're getting somewhere! I dunno how they're getting to use it twice this year, I guess the parliamentarian said it was ok so that makes it ok?

Anyway 1 bill a year by simple majority, this is why both fringes think their team are incompetent and ineffective boobs.

1974 btw I googled it for ya
Yes in an ideal world it would be nice for Congress to pass an actual budget for once. But its just easier throw out another 8% raise or whatever it is and just pass the debt along and get out before it comes due because 90% of americans probably have no idea what any of it means.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Apples and oranges. Debt limit is for past spending.
Yea ok man

Then why is Old Dude trying to make the debt ceiling a part of his 3.5T spendin spree?

Why not just pass a clean bill? Oh, wait .. then they'd have to negotiate with the pubs on a limit to how much they can raise it

My bad
Closed Thread