Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 09:52 AM
Aviak

Default Suggestion Box

For new players, I think everyone would agree that it is a real challenge to "catch up".

Would it be a good thing to create an diminishing EXP buff for new players that tapers off incrementally over time?

1-30 days 100%
31-60 days 50%
61-90 days 25%

You pick the %, so don't get caught up on that.

Think about this from the perspective of friends you would like to invite to play the game!

The timer would be based upon the start date of the account, and ONLY apply to new players in Project 1999.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

The goal of the project is to re-create classic EverQuest (ie. EQ as it was circa 1999-2001). There was nothing like this in classic EverQuest, therefore it's a safe bet P99 will never have anything like it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:33 PM
Banned

not classic (but then again this server is hardly classic but no need to make it MORE

non classic)

/thread

also unroot the dragons <3
zerging is cringe
Old 09-15-2021, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Perhaps so...

It is EXTREMELY hard to find low level groups as the vast majority of the server population has raiding level characters. It seems that around level 20, the solo classes tend to go solo, leaving the group support folks to a more challenging path of finding a group or being PLed by a friend.

Perhaps there is no desire to increase the population? I am not familiar with the server capacity or vision...

One thing I have noticed is that there are very few server crashes as opposed "Classic" Everquest, very happy someone decided to make that less original :-)
Last edited by Geaux; 09-15-2021 at 03:00 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps so...

It is EXTREMELY hard to find low level groups as the vast majority of the server population has raiding level characters. It seems that around level 20, the solo classes tend to go solo, leaving the group support folks to a more challenging path of finding a group or being PLed by a friend.

Perhaps there is no desire to increase the population? I am not familiar with the server capacity or vision...

One thing I have noticed is that there are very few server crashes as opposed "Classic" Everquest, very happy someone decided to make that less original :-)
Still groups out there at all levels but they mostly follow the ZEM (zone experience modifier) hot spots. Everything has been tabulated. Green server probably has more lower level people, Blue used to be the place for EC tunnel but even that is now gimped AF compared with before.

The door is open for new players but i imagine few want to play a 20 year old mmoRPG with the social rules we have but didn't experience it in era for the nostalgia run, so some things are not changed that would make good logical sense which would cause them frustration.

In the age of ease, convenience and treating the players like they are made of the most precious and delicate glass, something like original EQ would only appeal to a few because its bad for them.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:59 PM
Banned

Red2.0
Old 09-16-2021, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

It takes about 20 seconds to power level a noob from 1-30 with the help of a basic level 50 druid power level.

Game is mega easy. If your friends don't want to actually play the god damn game then they aren't going to play it. Level 60 is the end of the game, when the game stops being fun and becomes a job. Level 1-59 is what the game is about.

I would request negative EXP bonus so level 1-40 is -2000 percent and level 40-60 is normal exp so we get more people enjoying the game killing orcs and less people complaining about poopsock platpharm camps.

Seriously there is nothing to "catch up" to. You're literally 22 years behind. 100% of the joy of this game is finding out how to play it and learning the dangers..not just becoming max level and steam rolling 95% of the old world content and showing up to raids.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 09-16-2021 at 06:36 PM..
Old 09-16-2021, 09:32 PM
Aviak

Friends that you invite to play the game, are those friends you played with 20 years ago.

I was invited to play by a friend that played 20 years ago with me.

All of my friend's characters are higher level and require a great deal of catching up to group with them.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:59 PM
Banned

a good friend will roll a new toon to level with you or PL you if they really want

to play with you
Old 09-17-2021, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Yeup. He should be rolling a duo partner with you but also keeping you buffed with one of his high levels.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread