Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Default Question for bards that duo/group

Greetings guys,

I have a RL buddy that's a 53/54 bard that I've been duo'ing with on my (55) necro. He's established Burning Woods as his homebase for the time being.

When we duo in that zone, we've found that root rotting appears to be the safest approach. Fear kiting would be great-- we've tried it quite a few times-- but the zone simply has so many wanderers/adds.

We will sometimes still get adds when root rotting stuff. I'm trying to determine our best approach for dealing with adds. While I can screaming terror them, that only lasts so long. My bard buddy has been fearing them for the time being but I wondered if it might make more sense for him to try to charm the add?

I realize that his ability to stack dots will be limited depending on how many non-dot songs he has to keep up. Any feedback/ideas would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 08-22-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

He can charm and keep full dots and snare.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Y’all should go to a zone with zem, root 6 mobs, bard stacks them with mez push (mobs move the direction your back is facing), then charm each one once, all 5 of the other mobs will beat on it for 18 seconds, keep splurt rolling and bard swaps to pbaoe dots to finish off while sitting(to regain mana).

OR

Go to TD(if raptors empty) bard tags one raptor and then song of travel to social all 15, pbaoe snare > Chords of dissonance > Denons disruptive discord > pbaoe snare > cantana > repeat.
After 2 snares land necro sits in lich form and pbaoes using Word line of spells.
15 dark blues every 12 minutes(can get shit done around the house during 12 min repop)

Both methods can net over 8% per hr
Old 08-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Hey Wallicker, this is some awesome (ie "next level") advice here! Thank you!
Old 08-22-2019, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings guys,

I have a RL buddy that's a 53/54 bard that I've been duo'ing with on my (55) necro. He's established Burning Woods as his homebase for the time being.

When we duo in that zone, we've found that root rotting appears to be the safest approach. Fear kiting would be great-- we've tried it quite a few times-- but the zone simply has so many wanderers/adds.

We will sometimes still get adds when root rotting stuff. I'm trying to determine our best approach for dealing with adds. While I can screaming terror them, that only lasts so long. My bard buddy has been fearing them for the time being but I wondered if it might make more sense for him to try to charm the add?

I realize that his ability to stack dots will be limited depending on how many non-dot songs he has to keep up. Any feedback/ideas would be awesome. Thanks!
If your goal is to avoid adds I wouldn't suggest fearing them away...you might wind up with some additional adds if you fear a social aggro'er.

For efficiency, if you get an add I would suggest either bard charm or mez while twisting dots on the first target. The charm is also an option, especially if you are fighting mobs that can be hit by the lower level (mana free) bard charm. It also depends on how much work the bard is willing to do...for sure root rot is the easiest (as in practically zero effort) so perhaps the bard also wants to take it easy.

The best option from your OP seems to be just to find a good area that is unlikely to get adds. Let the bard pull to the safe spot, especially if you need time to med up between kills.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

You two can clear out and keep cleared the giant fort in BW pretty well.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

We did Legidias! That area seemed to be the best spot for us to set-up shop. Next time we duo that area we'll have him try to charm adds (rather than fearing 'em). Root rotting is stupidly easy, the only real risk involved = the potential adds.

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions
Closed Thread