Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFTn_jwqy8E
Old 08-25-2019, 12:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like that a PhD and knowing the difference between possessives and contractions is on the same level. That’s the real yikes here.
So every time someone mentions two things in a sentence, it is being implied that those two items are on the same level?

It's nice having guild leaders that aren't half-literate morons. That was my point.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Wish more ppl would type loader because I cant read
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-25-2019, 12:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ask yourself, does your guild leader possess a Ph.D? Can they spell common words, distinguish between "your" and "you're" or "to" and "too", and do they use apostrophes correctly?

Smart leaders make good decisions. App Riot today!
You forgot two and 2. I know it's a confusion vocabulary.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So every time someone mentions two things in a sentence, it is being implied that those two items are on the same level?

It's nice having guild leaders that aren't half-literate morons. That was my point.
You mention three things. Two of which should be learnt upon completion of grammar school around age 12. The other, however... ah forget it. Savvy, motivated young personnel with upper management written all over ‘em.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mention three things. Two of which should be learnt upon completion of grammar school around age 12. The other, however... ah forget it. Savvy, motivated young personnel with upper management written all over ‘em.
them*
Old 08-25-2019, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrice01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ArthionToday at 4:51 PM
@ everyone After this cycle, our enemies - Aftermath and their allies AEGIS - will claim any loss is because of WoW, or holidays, or BBQing - so let this cycle be our cycle. A time may come when our internet fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship - but it will not be this cycle! So I say:
Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more - as the blast of war cries out across the server, let our actions be the actions of a tiger. They call us zerg, so let us be - and when we fall, we will rise up to meet them. Let our pulls be clean, or CH chains tight and our speedbumps timely. We will grant our enemies not one FTE, let them win no races, and have no loot. We will win. We will show them we are better in every way and they will rue the day!

Thanks for the laughs, Riot. Help this guy get laid.
If that rustles you I doubt you're getting laid either bub

Hope this helps

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:07 PM
Kobold

Why use lot word when few word do good?
Old 08-25-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

It goes without saying that one should intentionally aim to use the absolute bare minimum words necessary to convey the gravity of what is it that they wish to expound upon, for is it not written that brevity is the soul of wit?
Old 08-25-2019, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSquared [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why use lot word when few word do good?
The ivory tower was not built for efficiency.
Closed Thread