Planar Protector

i never stopped being baptised by st peter's holy spirit of the mormons

i don't hate technology

i hate letting myself be ruled by technology

i feel like i've discovered a way through this keyhole tho
Old 01-22-2021, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dems-n...ity-clearances

OK now this one sounds like the government is restricting peoples freedom of speech.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dems-n...ity-clearances

OK now this one sounds like the government is restricting peoples freedom of speech.
There shouldn't need to be a bill for this. It should be a normal part of the vetting process. I went through the process and Qanon conspi*racists (haha) wouldn't likely make the cut.

I believe this is because a lot of people got waivers from the executive branch after getting denied clearance. So it's a legislative check against like Kushner getting daddy or that Greene chick.

Tbqh I think it's to narrow and specific a legislation and pretty dumb. More of a gesture or symbolic thing. They want to point to Republicans who vote against it and call them qanons. It's legislation designed to fail and make a ruckus. It's idiotic legislation imo.

I wasn't allowed to make any kind of political posts when I served in 01. I had to remain apolitical and only say specific things to reporters.

As far as senators go, they can say and believe whatever they want, but they don't have the right to get a clearance if they are idiots. Who shouldn't have one.

There's usually more restrictions that come with actually being granted the clearance and sometimes an NDA, like if its deets on weapon tech like an apache choppers electronics.

Also clearance is compartmentalized and managed, you don't get clearance to see everything. And you don't get to walk around with hardcopies. Or tell people without clearance what u learn.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-22-2021 at 12:53 PM..
Old 01-22-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

You can make an argument for why you think you and I should be banned from government but that same exact argument can apply to antifa occupy Wall Street Bernie Sanders AOC or the Squad support.

Just because I read a website just because I comment on project 1999 doesn’t mean that I am a terrorist and I shouldn’t be involved in normal activities.

If the normal vetting process would’ve solve this problem in the first place then why do they need to introduce this bill?

Seems to me like they’ve added being affiliated with or being open minded or interacting with certain political groups, now disqualifies you from having the rights afforded to you by the bill of rights.

I doubt this bill is going to pass because to me I sounds like it’s crazy.
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-22-2021 at 12:59 PM..
Old 01-22-2021, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can make an argument for why you think you and I should be banned from government but that same exact argument can apply to antifa occupy Wall Street Bernie Sanders AOC or the Squad support.

Just because I read a website just because I comment on project 1999 doesn’t mean that I am a terrorist and I shouldn’t be involved in normal activities.

If the normal vetting process would’ve solve this problem in the first place then why do they need to introduce this bill?

Seems to me like they’ve added being affiliated with or being open minded or interacting with certain political groups, now disqualifies you from having the rights afforded to you by the bill of rights.

They don't. They are crazy. It's idiotic. Reread my post.

I agree.

But its not banning ppl from government. A lot of people serve in government without clearances. Mayors, county commissioners. Sherrifs. (Maybe confidential but)...

I believe we are over reliant on the clearance system and there's other things we should be doing, were screwing otherwise good combat medics cuz of confidential stuffs, but this is a different topic, tangent.

Qanons shouldn't be granted clearances tho. Also a difference between reading and staying abreast of and intelligence gathering, and outright espousing qanon.

If it passes ill be mind blown and depressed. Momentarily, its a checkbox against those for it.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:21 PM
Banned

*Here we gooo*
(in Mario voice)
Old 01-22-2021, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with the OP failure of acthcuall free speech wud be real bad.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

This has nothing to do with restricting free speech. It has to do with high level security clearances. People are vetted for those under a variety of requirements and some of the significant requirements include assessments and analysis of the persons mental state, stability, etc.

Believing that Donald Trump is a messiah sent to wage a secret war against pedophiles in the highest levels of the government isn’t something anyone who is rational or stable would believe. Those people should not have security clearances.

The bill isn’t saying you can’t affiliate with QAnon or preach QAnon’s beliefs. Just that you can’t have a security clearance at a high level of the government. People get rejected for security clearances for things that are much less significant by comparison, but I’ve never seen you complain about that.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believing that Donald Trump is a messiah sent to wage a secret war against pedophiles in the highest levels of the government isn’t something anyone who is rational or stable would believe. Those people should not have security clearances.
How long is ol donny boys lease good for in your psyche? Has to be minimum 4 years, perhaps a lifetime deal he struck with you is my guess.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long is ol donny boys lease good for in your psyche? Has to be minimum 4 years, perhaps a lifetime deal he struck with you is my guess.
Yes because explaining what QAnon believes equates to that? Interesting logic.
Closed Thread